Jeff Cook

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Harold Dye

Jeff Cook

Post by Harold Dye »

Just saw on the local news that Jeff Cook, member of the group Alabama passed away today at age 73.
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

Sorry to hear of Jeffs passing. Alabama put out some great songs. However, with no steel guitar they were not one of my favorite groups.
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

RIP Jeff, thx for the music and influence . Peace and prayers to Jeffs family and friends.
Emmons L-II , Fender Telecasters, B-Benders
Pro Tools 8 and Pro Tools 12
jobless- but not homeless- now retired 8 years

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Much like Paul, I wasn't a Alabama fan due to lack of steel and a more modern style. However I credit Jeff for his talent and their recorded sound as first rate. RIP Jeff, thanks for the music and the memories.
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

No he didn't play steel guitar. Just guitar, fiddle, and keyboards. Plus singing harmony and being a big part of one of the best known bands in the world. Oh yeah and he is in the CMHOF. So..........
2013 Williams D-10, 2019 Williams D-10, 1970 Fender Twin, Evans SE200, Fender Tonemaster Twin, Hilton pedal, Jagwire Strings.
Bob Watson

Post by Bob Watson »

I was sorry to hear the sad news about Jeff Cook passing away. I always liked Alabama's music and his singing and playing. My condolences go out to all of his family and friends and fans. May he RIP.
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Sad News! Prayers for his Family & Friends!
Peter Dollard

It strikes me

Post by Peter Dollard »

I always looked at Alabama as a country music version of the Kingston Trio. With THIRTY number ones they had the pulse of commercial success. When the Kingston Trio hit with Tom Dooley there were people who thought they had citified or commercialized real folk music. Similar resentment seemed to follow Alabama. Although they were country they were more pop country with the excemption of a few fiddle solos. And they delivered it with such precision that they actually had fifty charted records besides the thirty number ones...Whatever they were doin they knew what would attract a huge audience. So good for them...
Dan Galysh

Post by Dan Galysh »

I jammed with Jeff some years ago. He played just about every instrument on stage and he did mention that he played a little bit of steel, too. May he rest in peace.