Pedal Steel Decals

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Troy Mcarthur

Pedal Steel Decals

Post by Troy Mcarthur »

Hey all, I have an MCI by Carter SD10 with the globe decal. The decal is damaged and looks messy. Is there anyone on this big ole forum making or know someone whos making Decals?

Cheers,
Troy
Charley Bond

Decals

Post by Charley Bond »

Look up Decals on the internet. Find someone that will make you two (2) , take a picture of what you have, & ask if they will do some artwork for you. Get them to send you a pic of what the end product will look like & you are ready for a new look.

You have to decide if you want a translucent (see thru) decal or a cover up Stick on... one that will cover old unwanted scars...

I thought of this a long time ago, after I had my first Sierra, that had stick label damage. I finally went to the Truck Market & got a Sierra Truck badge, so the nameplate would look as good as the Guitar

Good Luck
Steel Guitar players are members of a Special Family
John Ely

Decals

Post by John Ely »

Google "decal printer near me". Options may be limited if you're in a rural part of PEI, but you could likely do it by phone + online with a shop somewhere in PEI/NS.
Good luck.
John
John Ely (but I'm not THE John Ely who played with Asleep at the Wheel).
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

You may consider making one of your own. If you can find the correct size and proper angle picture, you can copy it in color on some water slide decal paper with an inkjet printer to fashion one.

I've done a few of these. The decal kit comes with a spray can top coat to cure the decal. Takes a little practice getting the size right. Follow instructions for a nice image.

The 2 speaker cabs in the center have printer created decals. I have some others I'll look for.

One I printed up for a Mullen after I vinyled and put this alum. insert on it.