Post by Paul Wade »

at 10:21 there is a shot of the steel player playing a emmons d-10
looks like Tom Brumley ....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTJZ1c2pgvo&t=338s

p.w
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

I don't know, but it is not Tom.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

No, Not Tom. I don't recognize the face. 1997 show. I know Sonny Garrish did some studio work with Gene, but I don't think that's him. Probably Tiny Olsen would know who 'tis.

https://youtu.be/pTJZ1c2pgvo?t=622
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

That’s Bill Dearmore
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
George Duncan Sypert

Steel player

Post by George Duncan Sypert »

Henry is correct. That is my good friend Bill Dearmore not too long after he started with Gene. He took the job after Steve Palousek asked him if he wanted to go for the job. I was there when that conversation took place. Bill did a great job for Gene.

George
Tiny Olson

Post by Tiny Olson »

Yes, Bill Dearmore. My wife and I went to see Gene in Massachusetts in '97 and I met Bill at the show. Really good guy and player.

It's cool to watch that video and see my old buddies Gary Anderson (guitar player with hat behind Gene) and Joe Eddie Goff (piano) playing. Gary was Gene's guitar player when Gene formed his band and I went to work for him in 1977. We were just 4 pieces at first, then Joe Eddie came on board about 6 months later. Great guys, like family to me. Unfortunately, both Gary and Joe Eddie are gone now.

Thanks for posting that Paul.
bill dearmore

Gene Watson-- Jamboree in the Hills

Post by bill dearmore »

Thanks Paul, Bill, Jerry, Henry George,and Tiny. Thanks for all the posts. Gosh that was a long time ago....he he... A lot of fun! :)
Bobby D. Jones

Post by Bobby D. Jones »

On Gene Watson's 80 Tour in 2023, Al (Boo) Miller will be playing steel, Sitting behind an Emmons Resound 65. The 1 The Emmons Crew delivered at the Grand Ole Opry a few months ago.
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

Bobby D. Jones wrote:On Gene Watson's 80 Tour in 2023, Al (Boo) Miller will be playing steel, Sitting behind an Emmons Resound 65. The 1 The Emmons Crew delivered at the Grand Ole Opry a few months ago.
I love how, when Boo got the Emmons ReSound '65, Gene talked about the Emmons Guitar Company from the stage. He wrote about the experience on his website, which was awesome!
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

The Best Show I think I ever saw was of Gene Watson in OKC about 1984 or 85 at the Petroleum Club I think. Tiny Olson was the steel man and OH did he catch my attention. Playing a Brown Emmons Steel and did it ever sound good. It was a small venue and the Band and Gene were very friendly. A Great Memory. J.R.Rose
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.
Tiny Olson

Post by Tiny Olson »

Hey J R:

Thanks for your kind words man..!! That horn would have been my '75 Rosewood D-10 Emmons. I used that guitar on "Memories to Burn."

I'm pretty sure I remember that place. I'm sure my good friend, Bob Wood of Del City Music was at that show. He sure was an awesome guy..!! I'd say your right about it being '84, maybe even '83. Later, by the mid '80s we were mostly playing Doc Severson's Club when we gigged in OKC. That place was fairly large. Bob would always come to out to see us when we hit town. He and I became good friends.

I hope you're well J R and again, I thank you for what you said. Sure is nice to hear that that show left you with great memories.
John Brabant

Post by John Brabant »

John Brabant
1978 Emmons D-10 P-P