Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

David Cook

string for goodrich120 volume pedal

Post by David Cook »

What kind of string for replacement

Thanks
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

I use mason line, the yellow twine like the cement guys use. Most home builders supply big box stores has it.
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

The folks at Goodrich have a string kit. George L's used to offer a replacement string. See Bill Ferguson.

Otherwise, I'd be glad to send you a piece of Zipline string...it's what we use for windshield removal sometimes.

It's smaller, but tougher than you can imagine...tougher than the original string...even hard to cut off a piece. I can promise you it'll never break.

Lemme know about what length you need and I'll send it to you n/c if you want it. JO.
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Braided masons twine. Be sure it’s braided!
George Kimery

String for Goodrich 120 pedal

Post by George Kimery »

I use venetian blind cord. I used to use mason's cord,but prefer the venetian blind cord because it's a larger diameter. My venetian blind cords were. too long anyway,so I lost nothing.
Dennis Detweiler

Post by Dennis Detweiler »

Plain old nylon or poly chord. Available in different tinsel strength. I also use it for fishing bank poles or throw lines. It holds up for many years on a pedal.
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

I use flat, braided (and waxed) lacing cord, since I always have a roll lying around. But a plain ol' shoestring also does a pretty good job! You can use either the flat or round ones, depending on your preference, and pedal. ;-)
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

David, send me an email with your address and I will send you a new string. Simple as that.

bferguson1947@gmail.com
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.