Hole size on Emmons pedal rod standoff?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

George Kimery

Post by George Kimery »

I bought 2" longer pedal rod standoffs for my 74 Bolt On. I need to ream the holes out slightly. The hole is too small compared to the original Emmons standoffs. Only a few thousands smaller. I can force them on, but it is really tight. I don't know if I need a standard drill bit or a number bit. I have a box of random bits, but none are the right size.

Thanks for any help.
Mike DiAlesandro

Post by Mike DiAlesandro »

Should be a 10/32 thread. Try running a 10/32 tap into the standoffs to clean up the threads a bit, should help.
George Kimery

Post by George Kimery »

Thanks, Mike, but I don't think I made myself clear. I wasn't asking about the threaded hole in the end of the standoff, I was asking about the unthreaded hole in the side that attaches the rod to the pedal.
Mike DiAlesandro

Re: Hole size on Emmons pedal rod standoff?

Post by Mike DiAlesandro »

George Kimery wrote:Thanks, Mike, but I don't think I made myself clear. I wasn't asking about the threaded hole in the end of the standoff, I was asking about the unthreaded hole in the side that attaches the rod to the pedal.
My apologies George, I misunderstood obviously. I was thinking you bought a lift kit and were still using the original Emmons pedal rod connector.

I do not know the exact size.

Mike D
Kelcey ONeil

Post by Kelcey ONeil »

It's a 3/16" drill bit.
Co-owner and operator: Emmons Guitar Co.
Michael Yahl

Post by Michael Yahl »

Also check the end of the pedal stud for burrs. Take a file and go around the end of the stud to remove any raised burrs and smooth it up. Over years of use they could have been nicked or bumped raising an edge. It doesn't take much to do so. Check that first before drilling the connectors as you most likely will enlarge the connector hole too much and cause additional slop.
"Don't fergit to kiss yer horse!"
'72 Sho-Bud Professional D10, (in pieces .....), '78 MSA Classic XL D10, '74 MSA Classic D12, Fender 2000
Peavey Session 500 BW, Crate Digital Modeling Amp

PSG PARTS
http://www.psgparts.com/