Speaker box for a 15" speaker.

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

David Farrell

Speaker box for a 15" speaker.

Post by David Farrell »

Hi friends,

I want to make a compact, lightweight cabinet to house my 15" speaker. I'd like to make it somewhat Fender sized, maybe similar to a Twin Reverb?

I'm looking for anybodys input, ideas on what size to build.

I may use my Fender Showman head with this cabinet.

Thanks, Dave
Dave

Fender pedal steels, amps & guitars. '73 Sho~Bud PRO 1 CUSTOM. Emmons ReSound'65 S-10 4x5.
Michael Butler

Post by Michael Butler »

i see a lot of people are using bee boxes but i don't know for sure if they come in that size.

play music!
please see my Snakeskin's Virtual Music Museum below.

http://muscmp.wordpress.com/
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Lots of cabinets were built to copy the Peavey Nashville 400 dimensions. Look for specs on existing cabinets. Evans made smaller 15 cabinets, I have 2 of them and Peavey had larger E115 that I also have. The Evans are lighter and more compact. I can take measurements and send pictures if you want.
Bobby D. Jones

Post by Bobby D. Jones »

This is a cabinet I built to mount a Eminence EPS-15 in. I built it, And added a Evans Amp and Pre Amp for a 12 string universal guitar. Then I received a Quilter Tone Block 202 I had ordered 8 months prior. I put the Evans parts back in its original cabinet, For an stand by amp. This speaker sounds great with Tone Block Amp..
The cabinet was built out of 1/2" Birch Plywood. It weighs 21 lb. I have the Tone Block set up to hang on my seat for better access to controls.

Since it was built to house regular amp. It has about 3" slot at top and bottom of back for cooling air, Gives speaker good air.
Norman Evans

Post by Norman Evans »