Rus-ler delux?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Tyler Button

Rus-ler delux?

Post by Tyler Button »

I don’t know how many of you stalk reverb listings like me…but I came across this and…it seems….off.

https://reverb.com/item/56572199-1979-r ... t=56572199

Now I’m far from super knowledgeable about guitars so I always approach things like this giving others the benefit of the doubt. But I have a SD-12 almost exactly like this…but this one has 9 pedals(for a single neck?)…the rear half of the undercarriage looks like a murder scene showing maybe this used to be a D12?

That’s certainly not an “MSA” fretboard as listed

Was there ever such thing as a Rus-ler delux?

I completely understand sellers not knowing what they have…but this seems like….more than that..and asking for 6k? Has a rus-ler ever gone for that much?

If I’m wrong I’d love to hear more about what this guitar really is.
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Looks right to me. Asking price is silly but it looks like a Rus-Ler. Sho-Bud fretboard. Small mistake by someone who doesn't know. Deluxe as an adjective, not as a model name.
Pete McAvity

Post by Pete McAvity »

Looking at the pics, it appears to be a loafer. You can see the cavity where a pickup went for the back neck, and the changer side shows the opening for adjustment access on the back.
Excel Superb D10, Kline U12, Sarno Black Box, Goodrich L120, Boss DD5, Baby Bloomer, 1965 Super Reverb chopped to a head, feeding a mystery PA cab w/ a K130.

They say "thats how it goes". I say "that ain't the way it stays!"
Tyler Button

Post by Tyler Button »

Pete McAvity wrote:Looking at the pics, it appears to be a loafer. You can see the cavity where a pickup went for the back neck, and the changer side shows the opening for adjustment access on the back.
I wonder if all D body Rus-lers have the changer cavity whether there’s a back neck or not because mine has that as well…however the plug/patch is metal rather than that, what appears to be, white plastic.
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

To clarify -- my only observation is that it seems like a legit Rus-Ler. I don't know nearly enough to have an opinion about whether it is a converted double neck.
John Hyland

Post by John Hyland »

Strange how the last two photos show different fret markings
Tyler Button

Post by Tyler Button »

John Hyland wrote:Strange how the last two photos show different fret markings
I think they have the original Rus-Ler board to go with the guitar. I think one of the pictures shows it torn and laying on top of the strings.
John De Maille

Post by John De Maille »

Yes, that is an Single-Double 12 Rus-Ler. Probably a universal tuning.
However, the price is a little ridiculous.
The one in my picture is mine, bought new in 1976. I still have it and it still plays great.
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

Where do they come up with these prices? Worth half that or less.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Mike DiAlesandro

Post by Mike DiAlesandro »

Henry Matthews wrote:Where do they come up with these prices? Worth half that or less.
Agreed, I would think the value is somewhere around $2200, but I live in Ohio. Everything in California seems to cost more...
Patrick Timmins

Post by Patrick Timmins »

Ruslers are super cool and sound great, but not 6k cool. Last Rusler I missed out on was a glitter green S10 and went for $1,600 about a year ago. 12 strings also seem to go for a little less than an S10 these days. Reverb can be a black hole for some pedal steels. The following 3 rigs have been on reverb for 3 years or more.... Guess they are waiting for the right buyer...

https://reverb.com/item/13403947-fender ... e-sunburst

https://reverb.com/item/34269141-sierra ... lue-purple

https://reverb.com/item/33516214-sho-bu ... edal-steel

A lot of patient sellers out there I guess...
Microphones, Recording, and lots of pedal steel guitars!
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

Lol, the Sho Bud has a $9000 price drop. :lol:
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
John Brock

Rus-Ler

Post by John Brock »

Rus Ler Deluxe was a model name...mine is 1975 best as we could figurfigrePicture file
GFI S10 Nashville 400 Epiphone J200 Kentucky BM650 Mandolin Fender 112 Alvarez 5018 12
Rus-Ler Deluxe