Leonard Staddler

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bill Duncan

Leonard Staddler

Post by Bill Duncan »

Who remembers Leonard Staddler and the Saturday music store get-togethers? I remember one of the Saturday Mini steel guitar conventions Leonard had there in the late 70s or early 80s when Leonard had a who can play "Danny Boy" slowest contest. Leonard won. After much preparation and fan'fare, Leonard hit the first "Danny Boy" note on his Marlin, got up, and said "come back next year for the next note". I miss Leonard Staddler, in my opinion, a truly nice guy.
DALE WHITENER

Post by DALE WHITENER »

I spent many a Saturday listening and picking in the back room at Stadler Music .
My Dad and I would go at least once a month to visit with Leonard and check out all the new gear . I bought my first steel guitar from Leonard no finer man .
Dale
Jerry Fleming

Post by Jerry Fleming »

Leonard was a dear friend to my family. He helped me many times over the years. I too have so many fond memories of playing in the back of his store and jam sessions. I played my Marlen at Leonard's funeral to honor him it was really hard but I'm glad did. He touched so many people with his kindness and generosity. He was a great man and his legacy lives on. RIP Old friend.

Best Wishes

Jerry
Clyde Mattocks

Post by Clyde Mattocks »

Amen, Jerry.
LeGrande II, Nash. 112, Harlow Dobro