Buddy Emmons: Steel Guitar Icon - 30% Discount Code

New products of interest to steel guitarists
Fish

Buddy Emmons: Steel Guitar Icon - 30% Discount Code

Post by Fish »

UPDATE JULY 1st: Yesterday the publisher announced a 30% discount for Buddy Emmons: Steel Guitar Icon using this code at their website. Promo Code F22UIP: https://www.press.uillinois.edu/books/?id=p086786 Thank you everyone!

Last edited by Fish on 1 Jul 2022 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Krumel

Post by Joe Krumel »

Respectfully standing in line. Thanks.
forrest klott

Post by forrest klott »

Fish,

THANK YOU for everything you did to see this through to fruition, it couldn’t have been easy!

Anxiously (yet also respectfully) waiting in line as well :mrgreen:

Skeeter
Per Berner

Post by Per Berner »

Really looking forward to this. You deserve a medal, Steve!
Bill Ladd

Post by Bill Ladd »

Quite looking forward to this! Thanks for your Herculean effort to bring this to fruition.
Marty Broussard

Post by Marty Broussard »

Mine is pre-ordered. Thank you, Fish!!
"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I did an Amazon pre order. Looking forward to the book. Thank You.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Jim Cooley

Post by Jim Cooley »

I placed my order, somewhatkindasorta patiently waiting. Thank you, Fish.
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

With all the tireless effort Steve has put in, I wanted to order the deluxe edition. Involuntary and enforced retirement has curbed my spending of late so I've had to opt for the paperback.

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to this so much! Thanks again for your perseverance, Steve. I wish great success to what must have been a time-consuming project.

We're all in your debt.
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Al Evans

Post by Al Evans »

Order placed!

--Al Evans
2018 MSA Legend, 2018 ZumSteel Encore, 2015 Mullen G2, G&L S-500, G&L ASAT, G&L LB-100, Godin A4 Fretless, Kinscherff High Noon
Joe Krumel

Post by Joe Krumel »

Just pre -ordered mine. thanks Steve for the many hours involved. It slipped my mind about the pre -order thing.It will be a good fall read!
Daniel Morris

Post by Daniel Morris »

Great to hear, Steve!
I'll be ordering a copy through my local independent bookshop (yes, some still exist).
1979 MSA U12 Pedal Steel
1982 Kline U12 Pedal steel
2019 Sierra U12 Pedal Steel
2011 Bear Creek MK Weissenborn
Milkman 40W Mini amps w/Telonics 15" speaker.
Dr. Z Surgical Steel w/TT 15" speaker.
Frenzel MB-50 head.
Spaceman, Empress, Origin, Eventide, Pigtronix.
William Davis

Post by William Davis »

Got a hardback ordered for the permanent shelf. Thanks for all the hard work!
DALE WHITENER

Post by DALE WHITENER »

Pre-ordered from Amazon. Thanks for the hard work Fish .
Don Sulesky

Post by Don Sulesky »

Ordered mine today.
Private one on one lessons available
Member: FSGC, PSGA, TSGA
Co-founder: Florida Steel Guitar Club

"Steel guitar is like playing chess in the dark with three players". Jeff Newman quote from 1997 seminar
Bruce Heffner

ordering next

Post by Bruce Heffner »

thanks for the work
Bruce from Arizona these days
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Awesome! I'll be ordering a copy soon. Thanks!
Eric Duarte

Post by Eric Duarte »

Stoked. Any plans to release an audiobook version?
-Eric
Lucky Oceans

Post by Lucky Oceans »

Congratulations, Fish,

this is exciting news indeed!

best wishes,

Lucky
David Rogerson

Post by David Rogerson »

Great to hear Steve. After all your work to finally have it come to fruition.
Andy DePaule

Looking Forward To This Arriving

Post by Andy DePaule »

Looking Forward To This Arriving.
Just placed my order on Amazon. :D
Inlaid Star Guitar 2006 by Mark Giles. SD-10 4+5 in E9th; http://luthiersupply.com/instrument-gallery.html
2017 Mullen SD-10, G2 5&5 Polished Aluminum covering. Custom Build for me. Great Steel.
Clinesmith Joaquin Murphy style Aluminum 8 String Lap Steel Short A6th.
Magnatone Jeweltone Series Lap Steel, Circa 1950? 6 String with F#minor7th Tuning.
1956 Dewey Kendrick D-8 4&3, Restoration Project.
1973 Sho~Bud Green SD-10 4&5 PSG, Restoration Project.
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Ordered my copy a few days ago. Looking so forward to reading this book! Buddy was one of The Giants of Steel Guitar and an inspiration to all of us Steel Guitarists!

Several years ago, I remember asking some of our mutual Friends in the Steel Guitar World, whom they thought was the Best Player of Steel Guitar. Immediately without hesitation they all said Buddy Emmons. Those Steel Men were Speedy West, Don Helms, Zane Beck and others. All of these people, were Steel Guitar Hall of Fame Members themselves.

Personally, I was invited to a Steel Guitar Show, when I was about 20 years old. I had never seen a Big Name Steel Guitarist and really had only been playing pedal Steel for about a year and half. Oh boy was I in for a Treat! I still can remember three or four of the songs from that Steel show that he played. Some of the songs were "Greensleeves," "King of the Road," "Raisin'The Dickens." That was 45 years ago, during February 1977, I decided that day to go out and get myself a double neck Steel Guitar.

Then I would see him again a few months later at a Steel Show that Scotty produced with him along with Fiddle Virtuoso Buddy Spiker, Guitarist Bobby Caldwell and other top Musicians. That time was to showcase their new L.P. Album titled "Buddies!"

Still later I would also be at Scotty's Big Steel Guitar Convention, when Buddy Emmons and other Top Musicians recorded the Double Album "Buddy Emmons Live at The International Steel Guitar Convention. I would see and hear Buddy several times more over the years. He was such a Musical Genius and The Steel Guitar was his Love. He was a Hero to so many of us! I often think of him and still love listening to his recordings. He was a Gift to all of us, and especially in the Steel Guitar World!

Again I can't wait to read my copy of this book! Thank You to the Author of this book. It will be forever in my personal collection and a treasure.

Terry Wood
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Steve, is there a way to get an autographed copy of the paperback book? Signed by you, of course, not Buddy! I wish...
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Fish

Post by Fish »

Thank you Per, Lucky Oceans, Robert Kramer, Roger, Jerry Jones, and everyone else kind enough to post a message. This has truly been a labor of love and the hardest creative challenge I've ever faced. Thank you for your support!

John McClung: it's good to hear from you. Regarding your request for an autographed copy, I am sincerely flattered. I haven't worked out the logistics for this as of yet. It's complicated! In the University Press world, I can buy copies of the book from the publisher at 40% off. In order to send you an autographed copy, I would first have to buy it myself, then sign it and take it to UPS to ship it out.

Please give me time to think this through so I can come up with an efficient delivery method. Let me put it this way: I'm open to suggestions.
Bill Ladd

Post by Bill Ladd »

Fish wrote:Let me put it this way: I'm open to suggestions.
Can I just send mine to you once I receive it? :)