Sold - Please Close - Donation sent

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Glenn Burleigh

Sold - Please Close - Donation sent

Post by Glenn Burleigh »

For sale is an early version of the Justice S-10 3x4. The model got really popular and they eventually upgraded it with a polished aluminum neck and endplates. They've recently brought back a wooden neck one as the s10 Jr. Here's the link for pricing on that model, which is closest to this version of the Justice S-10.
http://www.justicesteelguitars.com/S10%20Jr.html

This one is three pedals and four knee levers, which is the standard changes that you're gonna need. Emmons setup with Es on the left. It's a great guitar for gigs and practice, as it is quite light weight, compared to most pedal steels. It's got a George L's E-66 pickup. Standard height.

There are some minor issues, as it has been my main steel for quite some time. Mostly, it's just some finish flaws in paint or scratched chrome leg coating. Nothing you can really notice when it's up on stage, though. The only mechanical issue it has is that the screw that sets the A pedal "travel" loosened, due to worn threading. I just put a little blue loctite on it, which is a super simple fix. If you wanted a more permanent fix, it wouldn't be a big deal. Basically, you'd just need to get a threading bit for the next size up set screw, drill it out and insert said screw. You could probablt also just order another of that particular aluminum piece from Justice for about $40. I haven't asked for a price, but that's about what a similar thing would cost from Mike Yahl's site. Like I said, the loctite does a great job of keeping it from moving, and it this doesn't impact playability in any way. As long as you make sure to order strings that match the gauges currently on it, you would never have to worry about that screw. If you did decide to switch to different gauges, I could help you reset pedal travel. Since I used the blue loctite, it can be removed without using heat, etc. Speaking of strings, I can throw in two sets of stainless and one of nickel wound that are the "Nashville" gauges that this guitar is set up to use. Currently has nickel wound on it, and they're only about two months old. Shouldn't need to restring for while.

I'm asking $1400 for the guitar, case, arm wrest, and cover. I will cover up to $100 in shipping as part of that cost. If someone would like to meet in St. Louis, I will knock $100 off. New and with shipping, it would cost closer to $2k, plus probably a few months of waiting for your order to come up on the build list. I know that it's considered more of a student model, but it is a workhorse steel with the 3x4 setup you need for most songs. I know that I'm gonna miss it, even if just for how light it is to carry for practices and small gigs. I've had another steel for quite some years, but have generally kept taking this one to practices, due to the low weight and ease of moving it.

Last edited by Glenn Burleigh on 11 Mar 2022 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dekley Slimline 3x4, Sho~bud Professional, Encore 3x5, Fender Custom Professional, Gold Tone PDS-D, Melbert Roundabout, Gibson Les Paul Junior Special, Ibanez Custom Agent, Danelectro U2 Baritone, various Teles and Strats.
Mike Marsh

ill take it

Post by Mike Marsh »

PM Sent!!
Thanks,
Mike
Williams Series 700 4X5
Glenn Burleigh

Sale pending

Post by Glenn Burleigh »

Looks like that didn't take long!
Dekley Slimline 3x4, Sho~bud Professional, Encore 3x5, Fender Custom Professional, Gold Tone PDS-D, Melbert Roundabout, Gibson Les Paul Junior Special, Ibanez Custom Agent, Danelectro U2 Baritone, various Teles and Strats.