Jerry Burns - RIP

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Bill Nicholson

Jerry Burns - RIP

Post by Bill Nicholson »

A good friend of the Steel Guitar community in South Carolina (and Georgia), Jerry Burns, passed away late last week. Jerry was a great guitar player and served as a staff member/player for the Saluda SC show for many years. Later, he aslo played the Belvedere show and most recently the Coulmbia SC show at Bill's Pickin Parlor. He also joined some SC steel players at the periodic Georgia shows. Jerry has some of his picking on you-tube, if you get a chance.

Jerry's passing was sudden (most likely a heart attack) and a total shock to those of us who often played music with him. A memorial service / celebration of life is likely in the April timeframe, near what would have been Jerry's 70th birthday. RIP my friend.
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

Thanks Bill. Wayne Smith called to tell me. I have two friends named Jerry Burns. It took a minute to filter through my brain. He was a nice guy and a good picker. We're losing way too many guys that should have had a bunch of years left. R.I.P. friend.
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

Shocked, I learned of Jerrys passing yesterday at the Columbia Steel Guitar show. I was wondering where he was as I missed this note of his passing. Jerry was a fixture SUPPORT Guitar player at the SC Steel Guitar shows and a bandmate of local player , Joe Turner. A really fine player and a really nice guy to hang with. Jerry sat in with our band a time or two over the years at the NC - MASGA shows and I always looked forward to hearing him play.

RIP Jerry.
Emmons L-II , Fender Telecasters, B-Benders
Pro Tools 8 and Pro Tools 12
jobless- but not homeless- now retired 8 years

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website