Hamilton Barnard is gone

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Nick Koff

Hamilton Barnard is gone

Post by Nick Koff »

Ham passed on October 29th. He was a great guy to talk to, kind and amazingly knowledgable about a lot of things, particularly musically-related. He will be missed.
Last edited by Nick Koff on 9 May 2022 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just another belt & suspenders guy...
Fred Martin

Post by Fred Martin »

Sorry to hear this . I bought a nice Mullen from him a couple of years back. He hadjust moved from California to a beautiful place outside of Tucson.
Paul Stauskas

Post by Paul Stauskas »

RIP Hamilton, a very nice man with an astonishing collection of amplifiers and music equipment.
Jon Zimmerman

Post by Jon Zimmerman »

Hard to believe it myself, Nick. Ham was energetic, humble in his altruism, ..and as nice and welcoming as you please. Visited him in his Huntington Beach tract home just prior to his move to AZ. It’s dreadful ...no other words can express these dark times and the casualties. Sincere regrets to his friends and family.
Mike Mantey

Post by Mike Mantey »

So sad to hear this. Hambo was a really cool dude. We would talk forever when he called. He will be missed.
Mike Vallandigham

Post by Mike Vallandigham »

Man, I'm bummed to hear about Hamilton.

I bought a really nice Marshall head off of him and he was a great guy to talk to. We talked a few times after that also, about various things.

A real nice fellow.

RIP Ham. :(
Lynn Stafford

Hamilton Barnard

Post by Lynn Stafford »

Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear of Hamilton's passing. Through Nick, I was able to purchase an Emmons guitar from Hamilton at his beautiful home in Tucson. It was very early this year and I really enjoyed meeting him. My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.
Best regards,
Lynn Stafford

STEEL GUITAR WEST
http://www.steelguitarwest.com
Steel Guitar Technician (Restoration, Set-up, Service and Repair work)

Previous Emmons Authorized Dealer & Service Technician (original factory is now closed)

ZumSteel Authorized Service Technician
----------------------------------
memphislim

Post by memphislim »

I am so bummed just now finding this out. I had not talked to Hammer in awhile and just assumed all was well with him.

Hammer was one of the nicest guys I've known. Wonderful dry sense of humor, always willing to talk. He had an epic amp collection and a few steels to boot. All in immaculate condition. Mostly Marshall amps but he did have a few Fenders. I visited him several times over the last 25 years as we only lived a few miles apart for most of them.

He sold me my first LeGrande II and often talked about his Push/Pull and Mullen Royal Precisions.

He will be missed by all who knew him. RIP my Friend.

Mikey