Peavey Nashville 400, Weber NeoMags and tone/verb mods 550$

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Andrew Santospago

Peavey Nashville 400, Weber NeoMags and tone/verb mods 550$

Post by Andrew Santospago »

This 90's Peavey Nashville 400 is in excellent condition in all ways. Performs perfectly for pedal steel and guitars. This amp is priced higher than other used Nashville's, but if you consider the upgrades its actually my loss and your gain. I'm only selling because I need to invest in some pro audio studio equipment. I can guarantee it's lighter and better voiced for steel than any other standard Nashville 400.

Comes with a new Weber NeoMag 15" speaker, retail 258.00. In case you don't know about these speakers, they're extremely faithful clones of the JBL D130Fs - but using the neodymium instead of the traditional alnico magnet. Guitar Player magazine has a very favorable review of the 12" version of this speaker, agreeing that it captures much of the JBL sound. The major benefit of neodymium magnets is that they're quite a bit smaller and therefore lighter than alnico or ceramic magnets. This speaker weighs almost 4 lbs less than a regular D130F.

This amp has been worked over by a Peavey amp and pedal steel technician, who I can reference privately. He has made two huge modifications: preamp and the reverb circuit. Preamp mod: The ICs (integrated Circuits) that Peavey used in the Nashville 400 are 4558 op amps, a general use audio op amp. These were upgraded to the Burr-Brown OPA series in this NV400 amp, yielding a sound that has less mids, more transparent highs and better bass response. These IC cost more than the 4558 or the TL072 but the sound improvement is noticeable especially if you replace all 7~8 ICs in the NV400 preamp. Reverb Mod: he also added in a Reverb mod to make for a much improved Fenderesque reverb sound for the NV 400. This mod is detailed on the internet in the Steel Guitar Forum and it has been a success. The cost of these mods are upward of 350$. I believe I can put you in touch with the tech, who some of you likely know of. He can verify and elaborate on all of the mod work.

Overall, the Nashville may be considered the ultimate "Clean Machine" and has been designed to minimize distortion from the input through to the output including the loudspeaker. The power section of this unit features 210 watts RMS and it delivers this power into a 4 ohm load. On the rear panel there is also included preamp out and power amp input jacks for the all important patch of effects devices post the EQ and also provides the ability to go directly into a studio console or sound reinforcement mixer with the preamp output.. For steel guitar, keyboards, lead guitar, fiddle, or any other application you may have which requires clean, clear, undistorted, high sound pressure level operation. Comes with amp cover. Looking for 550$, local pickup in Boston area preferred but willing to ship at buyers expense.