can't find any good Waylon in my BIAB

Q&A about PGMusic's popular accompaniment software

Moderator: David Collins

Stuart Legg

can't find any good Waylon in my BIAB

Post by Stuart Legg »

crap! spent a fortune on biab and you would think over all these years BIAB would start to at least act like the give a damn about country music. I get so tired of scrolling over and over the country real tracks and not finding anything really sounds right.
Why not label songs "Waylon" or "Ray Price" etc so all the Waylon Rhythms would be in one list, then I wouldn't have to spend hours just to find out there is no "Waylon" therefor no list!
BIAB Guitars sound great and have good phrases in the miX.
But the Steel stuff sounds good in BIAB but the phrasing in the mix you try to add is just not good.
Boy that Rant felt good
Jim Fogle

Post by Jim Fogle »

Someone in the PG Music Band-in-a-Box forum made a wishlist request for styles and RealTracks that will work with Don Williams songs. The post generated a lot of comments.

Most of the advice seemed to be figure out a time signature that will work with a song and then find RealTracks that work well with the time signature.

Another train of thought is if RealTrack styles aren't working, try all MIDI styles. Many of the MIDI styles are older and focused more on music of the sixties, seventies and eighties.
Remembering Harold Fogle (1945-1999) Pedal Steel Player
Dell laptop Win 10, i3, 8GB, 480GB
2023 BiaB UltraPlus PAK
Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW
Stuart Legg

Post by Stuart Legg »

thanks Jim for the info