Melbert 8 String Lap Steel With Extras

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Samuel Bilyeu

Melbert 8 String Lap Steel With Extras

Post by Samuel Bilyeu »

I am selling my 8 string Melbert steel. It is a great guitar but I am not playing any 8 string tunings any more. I believe that I am the second owner of this instrument. This is the older, asymmetric body style (which I prefer). I replaced the original pickup with a Rio Grande Halfbreed Stringmaster style pickup and in my opinion, improved the sound. (I also switched out the knobs...just for looks). I am including the original pickup and knobs if the new owner prefers the instrument to be stock, or prefers the sound of the original pickup.

I am also including a "Baby Taylor" gig bag. This is a well padded bag and a great fit for this instrument. I believe the scale length of the guitar is 23.25".

The guitar is in excellent condition with only very minor play wear. Asking $425 for everything. Free shipping to the CONUS. Will ship only to the CONUS. Thanks for looking!
Carey Hofer

Interested in lap steel

Post by Carey Hofer »

Hi I am interested in the Melbert. I am newer to the forum and dont recognize everyone. Are you well known on the forum? Can anyone here vouch for you? :)