Profexx Problems - Reverb

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Kenneth Kotsay

Profexx Problems - Reverb

Post by Kenneth Kotsay »

My Profexx II when used with my Peavey DPC 1000 or my Mackie 1400i Power Amp, all of Jeff Newman's setting have a high volume of Reverb when played through my MSA D10 Legend. (I'm using twin Peavey 112 speakers).

I also own a Peavey Transtubefex, and when I play this effects unit through the DPC 1000 & Mackie Power amp, every one of Jeff's setting is doing fine, no heavy Reverb.

So what could be the problem????
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

The settings in the Profex could need to be changed to lessen the reverb.

OR, if you have Cache Card, upload the programs from the Tubefex and load them into your Profex.

While the basic units are the same, there are some tonal differences between the 2.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Kenneth Kotsay

Post by Kenneth Kotsay »

Bill, yes I have 2 cards loaded with Jeff's settings. I'll reload one of the cards to see what happens.

But its strange, every setting has reverb that's very noticeable and annoying.

Thanks Ken
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Make certain that all connections from steel to preamp, from preamp to power amp are correct re: mono or stereo. An FX unit with a stereo patch that is only sending one side or the other might have a bad wet/dry mix. I don't know either of these units so I can't answer any questions about your hook up.
Ken Fox

Effects

Post by Ken Fox »

If you have Version 2.0 in the Transtubefex the effects to dry ratio was changed. Here’s the scoop on that:

http://virtuososo.com/TubeFex/TubeFexAddendum.html