Evans SE 200 amp settings

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Steven Pearce

Evans SE 200 amp settings

Post by Steven Pearce »

I played the second of a three show sch. at The Evergreen State Fair in Monroe, WA.
It’s good to be playing again, the people were cool, no stress. I’m playing thru my Evans and it’s the first time I’ve played outdoors with it, the first show I had a hard time hearing any stage volume. I spent most of yesterday reading old posts about dialing in the Evans.
I had been setting the master and volume the same but read posts saying to boost the master volume at least 2 more than the volume. So before the set last night I set it that way and WOW! My Evans sounded amazing, really big.
Just sayin’
Steve
Allen Howington

Settings

Post by Allen Howington »

You can't go wrong with the factory suggested settings for the SE-200 Evans amp...maybe a little tweak here and there but overall those settings are the "heat".........
Bobby D. Jones

Post by Bobby D. Jones »

If you go to Google and put in Evans amp. settings. Google will list some old posts here on the forum.
One post, Gives settings for Mr. John Huey and Settings for Mike (Cookie Monster) Jones.
I was having trouble tuning my Evans in, Set my amp to Mr. Huey's settings, Gave me the sound I was wanting.
Good Luck in your search.
Steven Pearce

Post by Steven Pearce »

Thanks fellas!
Eamonn ORegan

Evans SE 200 settings

Post by Eamonn ORegan »

Thank you to all who posted on this. The crucial thing I'm finding here is to make sure the Master volume knob is set at 2 above the volume knob setting. With that done it's fairly easy to tweak the other knobs to taste. I like Bass at 7 or 8 and Treble at 3 or 4 for a clean but warm sound.