Malwarebytes Confusion

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Jon Light

Malwarebytes Confusion

Post by Jon Light »

I've had a premium subscription on my Win10 desktop rig, full year, prepaid, for several years.

I've got a new laptop, Win10. I went for a Malwarebytes free trial on it. It has expired.
On the laptop, Malwarebytes is offering me a 5 device subscription for a bit less $$ than if I added a single device to my existing desktop subscription.

What happens if I subscribe to this offer? I would use the same email and password. Would there be an automatic $$ adjustment or will I have to deal with having two separate subscriptions and having to try to cancel something?
Wiz Feinberg

Post by Wiz Feinberg »

I think you should use the online chat, or contact form to ask them for clarification. I think it will add to your existing subscription, but that's just an opinion. Get the facts from the horse's mouth. Then let us know what they said.
"Wiz" Feinberg, Moderator SGF Computers Forum
Security Consultant
Twitter: @Wizcrafts
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Thanks. Did the chat. Dude confirmed that it was a really good offer (that he was unaware of). I gave him a screenshot, asked him to confirm that I was not being phished.

My understanding was that if I just took the offer, there would not be an automatic adjustment. I would have to cancel the original and request a refund.

He was very helpful in offering to send me an job ticket-email. I would then go ahead and take the new subscription offer, register both computers, and then when I am satisfied that I've got everything up & running right -- couple of hours, couple of days -- I can start the cancellation/refund procedure via that email.
Wiz Feinberg

Post by Wiz Feinberg »

Thanks for posting the details Jon.
"Wiz" Feinberg, Moderator SGF Computers Forum
Security Consultant
Twitter: @Wizcrafts
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog