Left Handed Pedal Steel

Post here if you're looking for something special
Tyler McFarlane

Left Handed Pedal Steel

Post by Tyler McFarlane »

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and new to the pedal steel. I play 6-string guitar and lap steel, and I have the misfortune of doing them both left-handed.

I am on the hunt for a left-handed pedal steel, ideally a S-10 3x4. Are there any lefty players out there looking to sell?

If not, I could also use some advice on deciding on a new model. I'm hoping to buy something in the $2000 range. Unfortunately, I can't just buy a nice, used S-10, but I was able to find a few manufacturers that make lefty models. For instance, Simmons, Justice, and GFI all offer left-handed S-10 3x4 pedal steels. How would you go about picking between those makers?

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tyler
Jimmie Hudson

Hudson

Post by Jimmie Hudson »

Hudson steel guitars . I build left handed pedal steel guitars. 10 string 3&4 E 9th.
Pull release changer for the best tone you can get on a new guitar.
Tyler McFarlane

Jimmie, I saw your lefty S-6 2&2 pedal steel guitar and was curious if you made a 10 string. How much are you selling your 10 string 3&4 for?
Ronald Anderson

s10 Lefty

Post by Ronald Anderson »

Ron Anderson at Justice Steel Guitars.
Tyler glad you are wanting to learn to play steel.
We can build you an all pull S10 3X4 10 string E9th
Lefty for $2045.00 Including an arm rest and case.
Tyler McFarlane

Ron, I believe you and I have been emailing each other. I appreciate you providing a quote!

I thought I was doomed as a lefty. Now, I'm struggling to pick which company to buy from.