Above and Beyond --great rendition

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bill Miller

Above and Beyond --great rendition

Post by Bill Miller »

Some pretty neat playing on this version of Above and Beyond. The steeler is Sylvain Pouliot, and Jean-Guy Grenier is on six string lead but as many of you know he is also a world class steel player. These guys amaze me with their talent...the whole band does. I don't think this show is on anymore which is unfortunate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h-UzXMJ-y0
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Bill, you're right. What a great band and awesome pickin. Country as it should be.
Charlie Hansen

Post by Charlie Hansen »

Sylvain is a pretty darn passable Mandolin player as well, and I'm sure many other instruments.
I don't know much but what I know I know very well.
Carter S-10 3X5, Peavey Nashville 112, plus Regal dobro and too many other instruments to mention.
Bluegrass Island CFCY FM 95.1 Charlottetown, PE, Canada, on the web at cfcy.fm.
A Touch Of Texas CIOE FM 97.5 Sackville, NS, Canada,
on the web at cioe975.ca.
Bill Miller

Post by Bill Miller »

Sylvain is a pretty darn passable Mandolin player as well, and I'm sure many other instruments.
Charlie, at least three of them in that video are multi-instrumentalists. Besides steel I've seen Sylvain play dobro, mando and six string. Jean-Guy plays steel, six string, bass and banjo...and no doubt more. And Andre Proulx is an absolutely legendary fiddler/violinist, as comfortable in classical as in country, plus he plays keyboards, mando and I'm sure much more. I read that when they created that weekly show they went after the best musicians they could find and they certainly found them.
Frank Freniere

Post by Frank Freniere »

C'est formidable!