my 2003 interview with Marian Hall

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Andy Volk

my 2003 interview with Marian Hall

Post by Andy Volk »

Here's my unedited 2003 interview with steel guitarist Marian Hall. She was a fascinating interviewee. Sorry about the audio quality - the recording was a telephone tap intended at the time only for me to transcribe her interview for my Lap steel Guitar book. Enjoy this priceless steel guitar history!

https://soundcloud.com/aev/marian-hall- ... -interview
Steel Guitar Books! Website: www.volkmediabooks.com
Butch Pytko

Post by Butch Pytko »

Wonderful! Just wonderful! Every steel player, no matter what degree of talent should listen to this. I remember very well the Ranch Party and Town Party shows when I was a kid, and most of all, I remember Marian Hall. I thought it was so neat and cool that a woman was playing steel! Marian sounds like such a delightful, friendly person. Thanks for sharing.
Jack Hanson

Post by Jack Hanson »

I also remember the beautiful Marion Hall and her contagious smile, tearing it up on her Bigsby, from the local TV out of Los Angeles as a kid growing up on the Navy base in the Mojave during the fifties. Marian, the Collins Kids, Travis, man oh man! Ranch Party sure was superior to Keeping Up With The Kardashians, celebrity chefs, and most of the drivel that passes for music on TV these days.
Blake Hawkins

Post by Blake Hawkins »

Andy, Thanks so much for posting the Marian Hall interview. It was nice to hear her talk about her amazing career.
I first heard her on Town Hall Party. Then looked for her recordings and Tv shows. She was a fine musician.