SOLD Early 50s Fender Dual 6 For Sale SOLD

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Samuel Bilyeu

SOLD Early 50s Fender Dual 6 For Sale SOLD

Post by Samuel Bilyeu »

I have decided to part with my Fender Dual 6 (Dual Professional?) steel. It is in very good condition for its age (nearly 70 years old). I am the second owner. It includes the functional original case and legs. When I acquired the steel, the output from the pickups was weak and uneven. A few years ago I had both pickups repaired/refreshed by Tom Brantley (of Brantley Rewinds). You don't have to worry about buying an instrument with dead or dying pickups and immediately having to put more money into the guitar...I have had to do that way too many times personally. Dual Trapezoid pickups. I didn't see any way to definitively date the instrument but the early 1950s seems to be the best fit. The Dual 6 string version is less often seen than its dual 8 counterpart. The combination of a dual 6 in the "walnut" finish seems to be relatively rare. Asking $850 + $75 for shipping (CONUS only). It is pretty solid/heavy so I would be surprised if shipping is less than that. If it is I will refund the difference. Not interested in trades. I have been ordered by the wife to "get rid of some musical stuff". Thanks for looking.
Last edited by Samuel Bilyeu on 1 Apr 2021 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Steele

Post by Matt Steele »

I'm interested, PM sent.
Samuel Bilyeu

Sold...pending payment.

Post by Samuel Bilyeu »

Sold...pending payment.
Samuel Bilyeu

Sold.

Post by Samuel Bilyeu »

This item has sold. A donation has been made to the forum.