Kurt Kowakski

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

John Kalament

Kurt Kowakski

Post by John Kalament »

Has anyone been in touch with Kurt Kowalski lately ? he use to be on the forum a lot years ago, I know he was in a very bad Motorcycle accident years ago but he was still playing lap steels.
Very nice guy and I would always hook up with him when his job brought him to Albany, NY
K Maul

Post by K Maul »

He chimes in here on rare instances. We have mutual friends and I think I have his current contact info so I will do some checking if he doesn’t respond to this thread.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
John Kalament

Kurt Kowalski

Post by John Kalament »

Thank you Kevin, I purchased a Carter steel from him years ago when I first started playing Steel. You were actually at my house one time when I lived in Niskayuna and I was looking for someone to take lessons from.
Hope to hear from him and thanks again for answering my post. I think I may have met you through my cousin Pat Tessitore of Cathedral Sounds in East Greenbush, not sure though it was many years ago.
John
K Maul

Post by K Maul »

I just saw a posting from Kurt on Facebook so he seems to be doing fine. Check FB page called PEDAL STEEL GUITAR ADVICE TIPS&TRICKS. I sent him a note thru FB MESSENGER, too, mentioning you. Maybe he’ll send you a message or post something here.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
Kurt Kowalski

Post by Kurt Kowalski »

Hi John!!!
Thanks for thinking about me. Kevin sent me a note letting me know that you were asking about me. Thanks Kevin.
John, I am hanging in there. I finally retired a few years ago and now live on the shoreline of Lake Ontario.
Still playing Lapsteel and Dobro.
I looked for your phone number and it seems as though I have misplaced it.
I would love to chat with you and catch up. I miss our dinner nights in Albany. We always had fun.
My email is kurtkowalski@yahoo.com
Send me an email with your contact info and we will catch up.
My best to you always. And as Jerry Byrd always said, “keep that thumbpick hot”!
Sincerely,
Kurt
John Kalament

Kurt Kowalski

Post by John Kalament »

Hey Kevin, Thanks so much for helping me make a connection with Kurt. Very much appreciated for sure !
John Kalament