BIAB 2020 not playing BIAB 2009

Q&A about PGMusic's popular accompaniment software

Moderator: David Collins

Bob Shelton

BIAB 2020 not playing BIAB 2009

Post by Bob Shelton »

I bought via flash drive BIAB 2020 and installed it on a new laptop. When I tried to open BIAB 2009 files, I got a search for app message. Also, the BIAB icon is not present on any of the old files. I chatted with a PG Music rep and sent them some of the files that would not open. I haven't heard back.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Norman Evans

Post by Norman Evans »

If you can load the BIAB app, go to the top and click on open. Then you can search for the files from the pop up box. My computer won't open any of my BIAB files by clicking on them in the folder. I have to open them from BIAB.
Bob Shelton

Post by Bob Shelton »

Thanks for your input, Norman. I just got a reply from PG Music and they said the same thing. In newer versions, you apparently have to open the program first and then locate the file. A bit more cumbersome.
Bob Shelton

Post by Bob Shelton »

Norman Evans wrote:If you can load the BIAB app, go to the top and click on open. Then you can search for the files from the pop up box. My computer won't open any of my BIAB files by clicking on them in the folder. I have to open them from BIAB.
Norman, I just got a reply from PG Music on this issue. I haven't had time to try their approach, but I thought I'd share it with you:

Hi Bob,

Thanks for elaborating. I think I know what the problem is. Close out of Band-in-a-Box, then please try the following:

Open Band-in-a-Box by right clicking on your program shortcut and selecting "run as administrator".

Go to File - File Utilities - Remove File Associations.

Then please close and re-open Band-in-a-Box.
Go to File - File Utilities - Associate File Types.
Minimize (don't close) Band-in-a-Box, double-click on a song file in Explorer.

If the song opens, the issue is resolved.