WTB: Original 1954,1955, 1956 Ash Stratocaster

Post here if you're looking for something special
Larry Shaeffer

WTB: Original 1954,1955, 1956 Ash Stratocaster

Post by Larry Shaeffer »

Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm looking to buy TWO catergories of Ash Body Stratocasters.

Class A: nice 1954, 1955 or 1956 Ash body Stratocaster. Guitar does not have to be 100% Original. Refrets, Changed pot or a rewound pickup is not a problem.

Class B: I am also specifically looking for Preferably a 1955 Body only refin but would buy a 54 or 56 Ash as well. I'd only be interested in body only refinishes. The neck finish being original is extremely important. I own Leon McAuliffes Cimarron Red 4-Neck 55 Stringmaster. There was enough paint left that Bill Carson had Fender pick a body and paint it with the leftover red from Leons 4-Neck. Fender has tried (And failed to replicate Cimarron Red correctly) Master refinisher Clive Brown in the UK wants to be the first person to paint Cimarron Red since that day in 1955. I've taken a sample of the paint from Leons steel and sent it to Clive for him to match and mix. He will send wood samples to me to compare against the Stringmaster and our goal is to find a body only refin 55 Strat and him paint it in real Cimarron Red and age it.

We're both very excited about the project. Once i have the mix for Cimarron Red i will sell it to others who want real Cimarron Red straight from Leons steel.

Please message if you have a guitar you'd consider selling. This is an exciting project. Thanks!

Larry Shaeffer
Tulsa, OK