Steel Guitars Nashville closed?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Michael Douchette

Steel Guitars Nashville closed?

Post by Michael Douchette »

Anyone know? I heard yesterday from a fellow player that Bobbe's old shop has been shuttered for good. Just wondering.
Mikey D... H.S.P.
Music hath the charm to soothe a savage beast, but I'd try a 10mm first.

http://www.steelharp.com
http://www.thesessionplayers.com/douchette.html

(other things you can ask about here)
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/Steelharp/
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

Michael Douchette

Post by Michael Douchette »

Thanks, Lee! I appreciate the link.

Who could have foreseen a day where Nashville, TN couldn't support a steel guitar shop... :(
Mikey D... H.S.P.
Music hath the charm to soothe a savage beast, but I'd try a 10mm first.

http://www.steelharp.com
http://www.thesessionplayers.com/douchette.html

(other things you can ask about here)
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/Steelharp/
Joe Krumel

Post by Joe Krumel »

Yes Michael. I have been thinking about that myself. Will miss the place.curious as to reasons they left. Maybe they will let us know about their new shop.
Daniel McKee

Post by Daniel McKee »

I too was shocked to hear it was closing in Nashville. However I am glad its not gone for good, it is at least reopening somewhere else. I visited the store in Nashville a number of years ago and everyone was extremely nice and helpful.
Doug Earnest

Post by Doug Earnest »

I would bet that in the best of times it would be tough to sell enough stuff to make a living at it, maybe even enough to pay the rent.
Joe Krumel

Post by Joe Krumel »

Doug,sad to say, but you are so right.
Ron Shalita

Post by Ron Shalita »

That’s too bad Nashville can’t support the Pedal Steel anymore. Well maybe Texas will still be able to, we can all hope the PSG ISNT gonna die.
Been playing all of my life, Lead Guitar, and Pedal Steel, sing Lead and Harmony.. play other Instruments also but I hate to admit to it..
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Keep an eye out.
A prominent Nashville / Road player / Steel Mechanic is highly considering opening a steel guitar repair shop in Nashville.

Hopefully soon.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Roy Dick

Post by Roy Dick »

I feared that was the case. Wanted to order strings today as I have been doing for some time. Found their phone was out of order.
Fessenden SD10, Peavy Nashville 112, Fender Fat Strat, Crate glx 212, Crate GLX 65, Peavy foundation bass, Epiphone flat top Taylor flat top Epiphone Led Paul Epiphone Shreraton Hilton and Goodrich pedals one understanding wife
Billy Carr
Restricted

psg

Post by Billy Carr »

When one door closes it just opens another door for someone else. Just business !!!
Dylan Ritter

Post by Dylan Ritter »

Anyone know if Steel Guitars of Nashville is open for business?

The website is accepting orders, however I have no indication that anything has shipped, phone number does not answer (message box full) and no reply from email attempt.

Thanks for any info,

Dylan
does it look like it fits on my lap?
K Maul

Post by K Maul »

Doesn’t look like it. There are other options on line.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
Shane Henthorne

Post by Shane Henthorne »

Dylan Ritter wrote:Anyone know if Steel Guitars of Nashville is open for business?

The website is accepting orders, however I have no indication that anything has shipped, phone number does not answer (message box full) and no reply from email attempt.

Thanks for any info,

Dylan
I did the same thing earlier this year (and discussed it in this thread: https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=369877 ). In the end, I had to dispute the charge with PayPal in order to get a refund. Nobody from Steel Guitars of Nashville responded. They are indeed out of business though the website is still up and accepts orders.
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

How is this site allowed to stay open and take orders if there's no business anymore? How are unawares customers to be spared the trouble of sending payment to a defunct entity?
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

You gotta find out who "hosts" the site for them to take it down....Seymour is gone; so maybe Vic knows or maybe b0b can find out; because the physical biz closing; doesn't necessarily coincides with the website...so to speak.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Jerry Overstreet

I get all that, yeah. But it just seems irresponsible on their part to not be in touch with the host and have them do it.

Vic hasn't been associated with it for a long time now. Last I heard, and I can't confirm this, was that Bob Hempker was one of the people.

It was supposedly moved to Texas and that's the last anyone has heard of them and that was way well over a year ago.
Shane Henthorne

Post by Shane Henthorne »

Ricky Davis wrote:You gotta find out who "hosts" the site for them to take it down....Seymour is gone; so maybe Vic knows or maybe b0b can find out; because the physical biz closing; doesn't necessarily coincides with the website...so to speak.
Ricky
If anyone cares to know, the site is hosted by Dreamhost.
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Thanks Shane; but I guess I meant: "Find the person that submitted/paid for the website to be hosted by "Dreamhost"
I guess Dreamhost would know? But I'm not furthering this; I like the idea that Seymour is up there laughing at all the folks paying him even though "he has left the building"....ha.....LOL.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

There are "SGN" listings on Amazon, too.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Jerry Overstreet

Different entity. Steel Guitar Network. I can't remember the man's name offhand, but that is a currently operating and lefitimate business selling steel guitar accessories etc.

Not Steel Guitars of Nashville.
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Jerry Overstreet wrote:Different entity. Steel Guitar Network. I can't remember the man's name offhand, but that is a currently operating and lefitimate business selling steel guitar accessories etc.

Not Steel Guitars of Nashville.
I believe his name is Hank Ruff.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

Richard, You are correct (Hank Ruff). Out of North Dallas now. Used to be out of Mo. Nice older Gentleman.
I run across him at the Dallas Show a few years ago. Like me, he was getting on up in years. J.R.
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.