New Player to the Forum

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Jesse Nestor

New Player to the Forum

Post by Jesse Nestor »

Hi there, I'm brand new to the forum and I wanted to introduce myself! My name is Jesse Nestor and I'm a lap steel as well as guitar player from Ontario, Canada, and I have been based in Nashville, Tennessee. I have seen a lot of great posts on the forum before. Thank you so much for having me as a member!

Bruce Bouton and I worked on a video together for two lap steels, which he posted a few days ago though I hadn't become a member yet, and so I thought I would share it here, along with a couple short videos of my playing. I've linked them below.

I grew up inspired by David Lindley and blues slide playing, and have been very influenced by the sacred steel players, many rock players, Harry Manx, Ry Cooder, Paul Franklin, Celtic music, folk music, etc. I am amazed by the fantastic playing of Jerry Byrd and Don Helms as well!

My favorite guitars are my Supro Airliner (dated sometime from '64-'68 according to the serial number), with the original string-through pickup and three legs, and my Regal Hawyafone from I believe either the '20s or '30s (perhaps someone might know more in particular?). The Regal sounds absolutely amazing as a Weissenborn copy, and the Sunrise pickup I have in it sounds wonderful too. It was restored by a friend here, though the original mother-of-toilet-seat fretboard was unfortunately unsalvageable, and he replaced it with zebra wood. I also have a National Chicagoan and a Supro Comet.

Thanks so much again and I look forward to being a part of the forum!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4y4zNeeR00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xVzh9ebyXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozSFA4uX3jA
Bill McCloskey

Post by Bill McCloskey »

Last edited by Bill McCloskey on 25 Sep 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fred Treece

Post by Fred Treece »

Welcome to the Forum, Jesse - however unworthy I may be to say such a thing. I wonder how many other members here have said, “I just finished a duet with Bruce Bouton” in their first post. I’m guessing the number is zero or fewer.
Jesse Nestor

Post by Jesse Nestor »

Fred Treece wrote:Welcome to the Forum, Jesse - however unworthy I may be to say such a thing. I wonder how many other members here have said, “I just finished a duet with Bruce Bouton” in their first post. I’m guessing the number is zero or fewer.
Thank you so much! Haha yes, Bruce is a great guy, we met in Nashville, and he has been such a great friend. I'm really honored to get to work with him on this, he's such an amazing player! Thank youfor the kind words cheers!
Greg Forsyth

Post by Greg Forsyth »

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for sharing your great music and videos with us and giving us a rig rundown of your lap steels. It's nice to hear your original music and also being a celtic music fan I enjoy listening to the Sky Boat Song and well as your other celtic music you play, as well as the musicians who play with you on all your music.