1966 Emmons Bolt On - SOLD

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
W. Van Horn

1966 Emmons Bolt On - SOLD

Post by W. Van Horn »

Have you always wanted your steel to cut like an angsty teenager AND have the mids of a medieval cannon? Do you wish that all your gear had more vibe and cool than any blacklight poster or lava lamp? Maybe you need validation from the jealousy of all your steel guitar friends. I know all of this is true for me - and that's why I bought Bruce Zumsteg's 1966 bolt on.
The first time I played this on stage I almost forgot how much I didn't want to be playing with a wedding band. As we sludged through Sweet Caroline I was completely enveloped in the AMAZING TONE of this bolt on. While I feigned playing during "24k magic" I admired the details of mid century design and fabrication. I wondered if the Big E himself had touched this steel. I can't guarantee he did, but I can't disprove it either. So I'm officially saying this steel may or may not have been played by Buddy Emmons.

According to Mr.Zumsteg he purchased the stel from the first or second owner around '89 or '90. I purchased it from him in 2017. Craig Holden, PP guru, switched it to Emmons setup for me. It's 8x6 and I put the original pickups in it. It came to me 8x7 and I removed the vertical, but will include it in the sale. This steel sounds incredible. Bite, growl, beautiful mids, very smooth high end. The back neck is particularly nice sounding. Cabinet drop on E9 is BARELY perceptible on my sonic research tuner. This is a rock solid steel.

Price is 6k plus shipping.
Last edited by W. Van Horn on 11 Jun 2020 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jack Stanton

Post by Jack Stanton »

You're killin' me!
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

How much?
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.
Allen Howington

Post by Allen Howington »

Johnny, look under the last picture (the case),
it's $6,000 plus shipping....
W. Van Horn

Post by W. Van Horn »

Sold pending payment
David Gram

Post by David Gram »

I would buy it just because of the caption!
W. Van Horn

Post by W. Van Horn »

It’s sold. Forum donation will be sent after shipping b0b.