Sho-Bud Pro II

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
John Gould

Sho-Bud Pro II

Post by John Gould »

This Steel was refurbished by Jim Palenscar about 3 years ago. Has Wallace pickups. I've never had the time to become proficient on the C6 neck and age has gotten me wanting something lighter to take out on gigs when I do them on occasion. Decided to keep

Image [/img]

Last edited by John Gould on 28 Feb 2021 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A couple of guitars
Nashville 1000 Fender Mustang III Boss Katana MKII 50
Emmons LeGrande II and Sho Bud Pro II
Jerry Malvern

Post by Jerry Malvern »

Your probably going to be asked this. What changer?
John Gould

Post by John Gould »

Your probably going to be asked this. What changer?
It's all the original Sho-Bud parts underneath the Pedal and knee lever setup is how it came from the factory. rkl lowers the E's rkr Lowers D# and D double stop on 2nd string lkr raises the F#'s lnl raises the E's Pedals are standard

Having never really fooled to much with the c6 setup I'm assuming it's standard .
A couple of guitars
Bill Ladd

Post by Bill Ladd »

Is the changer 2 up, 2 down? 3 up, 2 down? 2 up, 1 down?

A picture of the changer end would tell all.
Neil Lang

Post by Neil Lang »

Looks like 2 up & 2 down
Sho-Bud Steel Guitars, 3 Super Pro's, 1 Super Pro II (Rose) & 1 Finger Tip
Fender Guitars & Basses
Peavey Amps & Sound Equipment
Bill Ladd

Post by Bill Ladd »

Neil Lang wrote:Looks like 2 up & 2 down
Yep, those added pictures clear everything up.
Steven Black

Sho-bud reply

Post by Steven Black »

Nothing wrong with a 2 up 2 down changer, it is a proven pedal changer according to Shot Jackson, he said he tried 3 up 2 down changers on Sho-Buds, he had issues with tone on the guitars, so he went back to the 2 up 2 down pedal changers, when the steel guitar bodies got shorter and lighter the changers were replaced with 3 up 2 down, some were also 3 up 3 down changers.
Neil Lang

Post by Neil Lang »

John, This is a very nice Sho~Bud, and a bit rare and out of the ordinary for bindings. No pot metal either which is a plus. Anything is only really worth what you can get. With the current market and those being sold, I am guessing it will bring any where from $2K to $3K, the right buyer could be a little more? VERY NICE! Good luck with the sale!!
So many variables- Want to sell, need to sell, what you paid for it, and other reasons.
Sho-Bud Steel Guitars, 3 Super Pro's, 1 Super Pro II (Rose) & 1 Finger Tip
Fender Guitars & Basses
Peavey Amps & Sound Equipment
John Gould

Thanks Neil

Post by John Gould »

Thanks for your input, I am in no hurry to sell or trade this guitar. It does have a story behind it, I was a custom build for another steel player and for some reason he didn't pick it up after the fact. He lost his deposit on it which was a gain for me because the store let me purchase it for the difference in the price. I've been the owner of the guitar ever since. It did a bunch of traveling when I was a road musician and stayed in one spot when I had a sit down gig. I've had other guitars over the years that I would play instead of this one to give this one a rest. When I moved from Texas to California my main guitar became my Emmons so I had the opportunity to have this one gone over and refurbished. I think Jim Palenscar did a great job and went beyond the call of duty on some aspects of the job. If I don't sell or trade this it's okay I'm getting older and don't play much C6 at all and would like a S10 to be my gig instrument and put the Emmons here in the house and let someone enjoy the Bud as much as I have over the years.
A couple of guitars