Endings

Q&A about PGMusic's popular accompaniment software

Moderator: David Collins

Al Carey

Endings

Post by Al Carey »

Getting good endings is my biggest frustration with biab. It just seems inconsistent and unpredictable whether I click “add 2 bar ending” or not. Anyone have any tips for clean, realistic song endings?

Thanks,
Al
Sierra U-12, MSA Classic D-10, Gretsch 6120, Fender Tele, Gibson LP Jr, old tube amps, etc...
Norman Evans

Post by Norman Evans »

I always uncheck the 2 bar ending box, then check the tag exists? box and create the ending I want, however many bars I need. You can set which bar to jump to the ending, which bar to start the ending and which bar you want to end on. Then click ok. You can change this as many times as you need to.

Here's a typical ending of mine.

Note the ending jumps at bar 30, starts at bar 33 and ends on bar 40.
Al Carey

Post by Al Carey »

Hmmm, I’ll give that a try, thanks.

Al
Sierra U-12, MSA Classic D-10, Gretsch 6120, Fender Tele, Gibson LP Jr, old tube amps, etc...
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

I'm having a hard time creating clean endings to songs. I've tried using hold, shots and rests, but no matter what I've tried, the band just abruptly stops at the last chord and measure. What am I doing wrong? Norman, I'll try your method, in the meantime, there must be a simple way to achieve this. Thanks in advance.

I'm using BIAB for Mac v2017.
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Norman Evans

Post by Norman Evans »

John, I always put in at least 1 extra bar after the ending bar, sometimes 2. Always hit enter after the last chord you put in. I always enter the last chord followed by 3 periods, ex C...
This is in windows.