Question about reso price

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Terry Sneed

Question about reso price

Post by Terry Sneed »

Guys,I bought a brand new Paul Beard Goldtone , signature model solid mahogany reso 2 yrs ago. Been out 0f the case maybe half dozen
times. No scratches, dents, dings, nowhere on it. Is $1000 a good price for it? To low, too high? Thanks
Dan Kelly

Post by Dan Kelly »

Hey Terry! Check out Reverb.com. There are a number of the PBS Resonator guitars listed there for your reference.
blah, blah, blah.
Hey You Kids! Get Off My Lawn!
blah, blah, blah.
Terry Sneed

Reso

Post by Terry Sneed »

Thanks Dan.
Greg Booth

Post by Greg Booth »

New on the Beard site they are $1449 w case. I think you have it priced to sell quickly.
Mark Eaton
Location: Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California

Post by Mark Eaton »

Terry, did you buy the guitar directly from Beard, or one of the Beard dealers around the country?

If you did, when you look through the bass side screen hole there should be a genuine Beard setup sticker. That will usually get you a little higher price than if you don’t have that sticker and it was set up at the Gold Tone facility in Florida.

I believe the figure is somewhere be 5% and less than 10% of the total Gold Tone resonators imported from China that go through the Beard shop in Maryland for final setup and assembly. Some of those, as posted by Greg, are sold by Beard. Others with the Maryland setup and accompanying sticker are then sold by Beard dealers. To mention several: Gruhn in Nashville, Elderly in Michigan, Dusty Strings In Seattle, Morgan Music in Missouri, Gryphon here in the Bay Area.

And with the fallout from the Coronavirus, these guitars might soon become a rare bird! :whoa:
Mark
Terry Sneed

Reso

Post by Terry Sneed »

Thanks Greg.
Mark I bought this one from
a music store in Florida. It was going to be a 6-8 month wait on Goldtone website.
So I found this one. I might hold on
to it. :mrgreen: