Pogreba Lap Steel-sold-forum donation in process

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Steven Meyrich

Pogreba Lap Steel-sold-forum donation in process

Post by Steven Meyrich »

Here is a lap steel that is one-of-a-kind from Larry Pogreba (check out current builds which are amazing) built in the 1990's. He told me he built it hoping to interest Jerry Douglas but that did not happen. I bought it here in the Denver area in the late 1990's and have owned it since then. Two things to note - the back has some scratches from my belt buckle which I think are visible in the pics and the rear pickup output may a bit weaker ethan it used to be but I'm not sure how to compare it to other Supro style string-through pickups. The Teisco in the neck position works great and you can blend them to your taste.

Will ship in the padded gig bad and be well packed.

Be sure to note the nut is made from some kind of antler - not sure what animal it came from.

$750 - Paypal OK will ship only in the lower 48 at buyers expense thanks and let me know of any questions.

Steve
Last edited by Steven Meyrich on 1 Feb 2020 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steven Meyrich

Post by Steven Meyrich »

The scale length is 25.5 inches and not sure what the fret markers are made of - maybe abalone?

Steve
Steven Meyrich

Post by Steven Meyrich »

Picture of the back

Lee Holliday

Post by Lee Holliday »

Steven nice guitar, if I was stateside I would be in the chase, is the 3rd knob a blend knob for the two pickups???

Lee
Steven Meyrich

Post by Steven Meyrich »

Thanks for the interest Lee. Yes that is a blend knob!

Wish you were stateside too!

Best,

Steve
Tom Middleton

Post by Tom Middleton »

I got to visit Larry at his Montana home / workshop a few years ago. He is a fascinating man.
Steven Meyrich

Post by Steven Meyrich »

Tom-I have only spoken with him by phone but he is one-of-a-kind. I hope there is some interest in this guitar but perhaps I misjudged the appeal or mispriced it. Thanks, Steve
Steven Meyrich

Post by Steven Meyrich »

Imminent shoulder surgery sale - any reasonable offers considered-interested in an Origin Effects Slide rig or Milkman the AmP in good condition?

Thanks,

Steve