Looking for more Quilter Travis Toy TT12 Amp Reviews

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Andrew Waegel

Looking for more Quilter Travis Toy TT12 Amp Reviews

Post by Andrew Waegel »

Hi all,

Thinking about getting the new TT12 combo amp as a backup for my trusty little tube amp, and also as different sound/voice with a little more power. I play on small crowded stages and need a quick grab-n-go setup.

I've read the other threads about this combo and seen all the videos but am looking for more, especially about the production model - if you've taken the plunge, how is it working for you?

Thanks,
- Handy Andy
Travis Toy

Post by Travis Toy »

Hey Andy. Just to name some guys you could reach out to who are playing them and loving them, and can be found here on the forum...

Johnny Cox, Bruce Bouton, Paul Haaker, Rick Schmidt, Steve Crosgrey, Scott Anderson, etc

-t
Rick Schmidt

Post by Rick Schmidt »

It's been kind've a game changer for me. Plenty of power. Plenty of tight, punchy, clear low end if needed. Easy to dial in great E9, and C6 tones! Engineers love it!
I first got interested because it was originally marketed as a guitar amp, and it's great for that! (Maybe not quite the tube amp "sag" as a real tube amp, but it's close!)
It works great as an Acoustic/Electric amp too if set to the FRFR mode. But for steel it's a GREAT amp!
The light weight and ease of use make it a no brainer for me. I only have two thumbs, so two thumbs up!!! 8)
Hugo Knef

Post by Hugo Knef »

I am just up the road in vallejo. You can try mine if you would like. It is a great amp for me.
Hugo.
Williams S10 moyo mini Quilter TT12
jerry harkins

Tt 12

Post by jerry harkins »

I’m loving this Amp,,
Sounds like a big powerhouse in a lightweight, small amp!
When I first got it I wasn’t sure it would work for me but man was I wrong!
Once I got it dialed in, I’m impressed with my sound.
Good clean highs with plenty of bottom end lows!
For me, to get the best sound , I noticed the pre- gain needed to be above 9:00 o’clock for it to really come alive. I’m loving it!
Travis Toy

Re: Tt 12

Post by Travis Toy »

jerry harkins wrote:I’m loving this Amp,,
Sounds like a big powerhouse in a lightweight, small amp!
When I first got it I wasn’t sure it would work for me but man was I wrong!
Once I got it dialed in, I’m impressed with my sound.
Good clean highs with plenty of bottom end lows!
For me, to get the best sound , I noticed the pre- gain needed to be above 9:00 o’clock for it to really come alive. I’m loving it!
Great to hear Jerry. Yes, there is serious interplay between the GAIN, LIMITER, and MASTER knobs. You can get such a huge variety of tones from this amp. I have a seriously large collection of some amazing amps. None of them have been powered on since the first time I played through the final prototype of this combo. Glad you’re loving it, and I’m proud to be a part of your sound. ;-)

-t
jerry harkins

Tt12

Post by jerry harkins »

Thanks Travis,, yes, glad I took a chance on it!
We opened a show for Radney Foster on Saturday and it sounded great!
Had a Chance to talk to him and he said the steel player he use to have has your amp and he loves it too! Thanks for helping us steel players get the best sound possible!
JH
Tommy Shown

Post by Tommy Shown »

Brad Chance a local player in Baton Rouge just got one. He likes his and Johnny Cox has one and I know he lives his.