Mike Brown @ Peavey

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dennis Manuel

Mike Brown @ Peavey

Post by Dennis Manuel »

Does anyone know if Mike Brown is still working at Peavey?
Ron Hogan

Post by Ron Hogan »

He retired
Steven Paris

Post by Steven Paris »

Much to the chagrin of all of us Forumites!
Emmons & Peavey
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

He retired
I think of it more a "forced" retirement since Peavey axed many in HQ.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Dave Hopping

Post by Dave Hopping »

Most of what Peavey makes comes from China now. :roll:
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

That is so sad Dave, J.R.
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.
Jim Goins

Mike Brown

Post by Jim Goins »

That means their warranty work will SUCK!!!!
JG.
gary pierce

Post by gary pierce »

I read that the new 115 amp is USA made.
Jim Goins

Post by Jim Goins »

That's good news but i wonder what kind of service they have with ordering parts for older equipment.
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Peavey is no different than any mass electronics company. They either had to move production or shut down in order to compete in the "throw away" mentality of current customers.

Now before you bash Peavey, understand that even before they moved assembly of their products to China, all the parts were already coming from China (except speakers).
Once again, same as the other companies.

Heck I don't even know if there is such a thing as a US company that would make all the components for any electronics device.

And for what it is worth, Peavey is very good at keeping parts on hand to repair most any product they ever made. Only company I know that does that.

Yeah, in some of the very old equipment, no more parts are available, due to the changes in the electronics industry.

We steel players seem to be the only ones that love to hang on to the "classic" amplifiers and don't seem to like the newer stuff.

Peavey has and continues to stand behind us steel players.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Dustin Rigsby

Post by Dustin Rigsby »

Bill Ferguson wrote:Peavey is no different than any mass electronics company. They either had to move production or shut down in order to compete in the "throw away" mentality of current customers.

Now before you bash Peavey, understand that even before they moved assembly of their products to China, all the parts were already coming from China (except speakers).
Once again, same as the other companies.

Heck I don't even know if there is such a thing as a US company that would make all the components for any electronics device.

And for what it is worth, Peavey is very good at keeping parts on hand to repair most any product they ever made. Only company I know that does that.

Yeah, in some of the very old equipment, no more parts are available, due to the changes in the electronics industry.

We steel players seem to be the only ones that love to hang on to the "classic" amplifiers and don't seem to like the newer stuff.

Peavey has and continues to stand behind us steel players.
Yeah bill I cant blame Hartley for wanting to stay in buisiness. He was literally the last major player to shutter the American assembly plant. Im not trying to make a political statement here. To be a global player, the market dictates cheap labor. When the citizens of the world start demanding fair pay for all laborers and are willing to pay higher prices for goods and services, perhaps market forces will change....That being said, peavey amps and guitars will survive a nuclear blast! If peavey made a pedal steel, I’d buy it.
D.S. Rigsby