Vintage. Gibson Console Grande Steel Guitar.

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Ken Barrett

Vintage. Gibson Console Grande Steel Guitar.

Post by Ken Barrett »

Gibson Console Grande

This guitar is the same type that was played by Don Helms, a member of steel guitar Hall of Fame, who is the primary steel guitar is for Hank Williams Sr.
This is the guitar used in the Hank Williams Sr. movie, I saw the light starring Tom Hiddleston.

The guitar plays good and stays in tune and would make a real good collectors item. Brand new strings with E9th tuning on the bottom and C6th tuning on the top. The original case is in fair condition and will transport and protect the guitar. Both latches close.

Included in the sale, is a picture of the guitar in the movie.
This guitar is an 8/7 set up. Everything functions and plays and it holds tune. I feel, it is in good condition for its age and one like this in the 1942 Gibson catalog Described it as a Sunburst color. The 1950s Gibson catalog shows this guitar with four legs so it’s a is determined to be between 1942 in 1950. So, 1948 is just a guess.
$1395. + shipping.
I have played guitar for over 55 years & bass for 3 years. Currently, I play bass in a band. I also collect guitars and basses. I live in Florida on the east coast.
Leroy Golden

Post by Leroy Golden »

I had one exactly like this it was my first steel guitar, these things have tone and sustain for days...unfortunately mine was stolen from a club I used to play back in the 80's, but I still have the case as a reminder not to trust the club owners they'll leave you hangin' high and dry!
Ken Barrett

Post by Ken Barrett »

It comes with the original tuners.
I have played guitar for over 55 years & bass for 3 years. Currently, I play bass in a band. I also collect guitars and basses. I live in Florida on the east coast.