Mike Neer Live Triadic Mechanics webinar

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Mike Neer

Mike Neer Live Triadic Mechanics webinar

Post by Mike Neer »

I have just a few more slots open for this before I close registration.

I will be hosting a webinar on Saturday, November 16 at 1:00 pm EST called Triadic Mechanics. It is a lesson designed to get you improvising in any style of music using the simple but expansive concept of triadic harmony in Major, Harmonic and Melodic Minor scales. This lesson will not be dealing with a specific style or tuning, as it applies to most common tunings. Just a note: I am a lap steel player and my teaching is geared toward that; however, a pedal player could benefit from this concept greatly. I will be using C6, A6, A, E tunings to demonstrate. There will also be some handout material available which will outline the concepts for the most common tunings.

This webinar will be for all levels of players, all styles of music and basically all tunings. I really believe this will open up doors for those who are willing to put in the time to dedicated practice. All you need is some basic harmonic knowledge or at least the desire to learn simple harmony. We’ll look at how diatonic harmony can be applied to work over chord changes and how we can learn to play these changes in small areas and develop melodic content. Think of being able to improvise using major, minor, diminished and augmented triads anywhere on the neck on just three strings. This is the essence of what we will looking at. The concept can be expanded as far as you are willing to take it.

The cost is $25. For more information, see http://www.steelinstruction.com
David Knutson

Post by David Knutson »

Thanks for the reminder, Mike. I almost forgot to register. I'm in now.
David K
Jeremy DeHart

Post by Jeremy DeHart »

Hey Mike! I'm all signed up! Looking forward to it!
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

Hello Mike,

Signed up for your Webinar, Looking forward to it!
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

Registration is closed for this. Thanks to everyone who signed up, looking forward to it!