Beard Road O Phonic Price Drop

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Zachary Smith

Beard Road O Phonic Price Drop

Post by Zachary Smith »

For sale is a Beard Road O Phonic. Good shape, can send more pics to anyone interested. Selling because I really don’t have time to learn how to play it well. New price $800 obo.
Last edited by Zachary Smith on 10 Nov 2019 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Bishop

Beard

Post by Bruce Bishop »

I would like to see more pics,know when it was built,and other specs. Etc. Scale length, pickups,does this have the hipshot bridge? it looks like it doesnt . factory recommended string gage and tuning . Any video or sound bite clips I can reference
Thanks
Zachary Smith

Post by Zachary Smith »

Thanks for taking a look Bruce.I do not know the year since I m not the first owner but from what I read they were made around 2009. It has a shorter scale length, I measured about 23.5 inches from the nut to about where the bridge is under the cover. It does not have a hip shot bridge but I think I saw a video on YouTube where a guy is playing one with a hip shot so I’m imagine it can be added. It has a lace sensor pickup in the bridge and some kind of pickup in the resonator. The kicker with these is there is no tone or volume controls, and it uses a stereo cable so to get a better control on them you can use a mixer. I personally never did this, I just plugged the stereo cord into a regular guitar amp. I have it in GBDGBD, but the person I bought it from kept it in open D. I use.016-.056 strings on it. If you’re interested I can make a recording on my phone and send it to you. I’ll add more pics below.

Bruce Bishop

Beard

Post by Bruce Bishop »

Hey thanks for the pics & info,
Great looking lap steel / reso .
Good luck with the sale
Tom Middleton

Post by Tom Middleton »

I am the person that suggested to Paul Beard that he name this guitar the Road-O-Phonic.
Zachary Smith

Post by Zachary Smith »

Very cool Tom!
Zachary Smith

Post by Zachary Smith »

TTT