Precision Bass

Post here if you're looking for something special
Cameron Kerby

Precision Bass

Post by Cameron Kerby »

A band mate of mine is in the market for a Fender/Squire type Precision Bass. Budget around $300-500 with or without case. I personally know nothing about bass's so I would have to rely on someone else's expertise on this. He plays traditional country/blues/Americana music if that helps. Anyone have anything they are looking to get rid of?

Thanks.
Sho Bud Steel Guitars
Vintage Peavey Amplification
Bobby Snell

Post by Bobby Snell »

A Brand New Squier P-Bass is in the price range; they are generally ok but lack in good hardware and pickups. (Stay away from the super-budget Affinity line.) I bought a Squier P-Bass from Craigslist for less than $150, tweaked the setup a little and it serves as an amusement at home.

Moving up to brand new Fenders (not made in America) gets up $5-700 and are real solid. There's a variety of P-Bass models. Budget for a set-up and it is a professional instrument.

New American-made Fenders are a little pricey, and if I were looking for one of them I would buy used.
Bob Jennings

Precision Bass

Post by Bob Jennings »

I have a Peavey Foundation Bass. It is four string and is fretless. Made in USA. New condition. Comes with gig bag.
I have two basses so I don't need two. I'll take $300.plus shipping. I live in Southern Indiana.

Bob Jennings
Larry Jamieson

Post by Larry Jamieson »

I have a very nice used Fender Precision Lite bass, lighter in weight than the standard model but still plays and sounds like the real deal. It was made in Japan. $495 plus shipping and I'd throw in a gig bag.
Cameron Kerby

Post by Cameron Kerby »

Thanks so much for all of you reaching out, a lot of really nice bass guitars out there. My thanks to Will Brown on the forum for helping my friend out on a new old stock P bass he really liked.
Sho Bud Steel Guitars
Vintage Peavey Amplification
Bill Moran

Post by Bill Moran »

I have a red USA Precision like new. Not played more than a couple hours with case. Bought it about 2010 and just don't need it. $700.00.
Bill