Asleep At The Wheel

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

John Dahms

Asleep At The Wheel

Post by John Dahms »

Saw Asleep AT The Wheel in PA. last night. The band was cooking! All top flight players (as always) with Cindy Cashdollar on steel. She makes it look like it is so easy and fun. A friend said he was going to wake up with sore muscles in his face from smiling so much.
To leave an audience like that is what all the years of playing is for.
Time flies like an eagle
Fruit flies like a banana.
Brooks Montgomery

Post by Brooks Montgomery »

Great!
Is Cindy touring with them again, or was it a guest appearance?
A banjo, like a pet monkey, seems like a good idea at first.
Tom Middleton

Post by Tom Middleton »

I think that Cindy is doing a few East Coast / Mid Atlantic dates with them. I don't believe they have officially replaced Eddie Rivers yet.
Raymond Bourey

Post by Raymond Bourey »

I see from Cindy's site that she's picked up a chunk of the summer tour including Calgary, Portland, and California - so not yet a true homebody.

I asked Eddie at a recent show in Ann Arbor, "Won't they let you sit...?" One of the tougher musicians out there.

One of the roadies mentioned they had just picked up the 1950s Fender last summer - did it stay with the band or head back to Beaver Dam?
"A good man always knows his limitations..."
G Strout

Post by G Strout »

Copied from AATW facebook page:

It’s with mixed emotions today that I write, our “Man of Steel” and band member of 15 years, Eddie Rivers will be retiring at the end of June this year. Eddie has been an amazing band mate over his time with the band, the longest running tenure at the Steel guitar position in AATW history! His musicianship on the steel guitar and saxophone is second to none, and we’ve had many a great performances and recordings that will last forever. We wish Eddie the best in his retirement and his move back to Wisconsin to be with his family. We hope you guys get out to see him with us here over these next 4 months and wish him well in his retirement! We love ya Eddie and wish you and your family nothing but the best! RB
Melbert 8, Remington S8,Remington D8, Rick B6, Tremblay 6 lap steel, Marlen S-10 4&4, Old Guild M75 and Artist Award, Benedetto Bravo, Epiphone Century Electar (the real one) and a bunch of old lap steels.... mostly Ricks and Magnatones'
Andy Henriksen

Post by Andy Henriksen »

Raymond Bourey wrote:I asked Eddie at a recent show in Ann Arbor, "Won't they let you sit...?" One of the tougher musicians out there.
I was at that show, sitting a few rows back from stage left, and got to watch Eddie all night. I never stopped smiling like an idiot the whole time. When I bought the tickets, I didn't know he was leaving the band, and I'm SO glad I got to see him play with them before his tenure came to an end.

I would LOVE to see Cindy play with them. Maybe she'll still be with them this fall when they hit a couple Ohio stops...
Bill Moore

Post by Bill Moore »

Hey, I was there too! Great show, and a great venue. :) :)
Michael Hillman

Anxious to see Cindy with AATW...

Post by Michael Hillman »

Just bought our tickets to see their Boise show 8/3-according to Cindy’s website she will be with them, we will miss Eddie, but really looking forward to this one!
Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.
Jouni Karvonen

Post by Jouni Karvonen »

From FB:
We are excited to announce that founding member and Steel guitarist Lucky Oceans will be joining us at the Vancouver Island MusicFest this weekend! Gonna be a great weekend of music, hope to see ya there! http://www.islandmusicfest.com/

Joe Burke

Post by Joe Burke »

I'm planing catching Asleep at the Wheel in Buffalo this April. Anyone know who is on lap steel?
Tim Whitlock

Post by Tim Whitlock »

AATW recently posted on social media that Flavio Pasquetto, from Rome Italy, would be joining them on steel guitar this year.
Mike Harris

Asleep at the Wheel

Post by Mike Harris »

I thought Anthony Young was the regular steel guy now...?
Joe Burke

Post by Joe Burke »

Thanks Tim! In fact I just messaged them. What do you know their answer is the same!
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

My understanding is that Lucky Oceans will be joining them for some dates... all I know.
New FB Page: Lap Steel Licks And Stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195394851800329
Jeff Garden

Post by Jeff Garden »

I just got tix to see them in NH on April 10.