Changing how chords are displayed

Q&A about PGMusic's popular accompaniment software

Moderator: David Collins

Ken Lang

Changing how chords are displayed

Post by Ken Lang »

In my version 12 I was playing with, the chord display went from G to #1. C was #4. All the elements of the Nashville system of numbering the chords. While I was trying to change it back it went to the do,ra,me system. Help. I didn't know it could do this. What do I Press to get it back. Thanks.
heavily medicated for your safety
Bill Mollenhauer

Post by Bill Mollenhauer »

I have 2014 but this should work
Go to Options. Go to Preferences on the drop down Go to Display button and click. Chord options window opens. Half way down the window it says chord display. To the right of that will be a little window with the word Normal, Nashville, or Roman etc. Click on the dropdown to get the notation you want.
Ken Lang

Post by Ken Lang »

It worked. I have used BIAB for several years & this was the first time this came up. Thanks again.
Bill Mollenhauer

Post by Bill Mollenhauer »

Ken, Here's a faster way to do it. Look for a button with Bb.C on it. It should say Chord Display next to the symbols. Click on it and a dropdown appears. Highlight the top one, Chose type of Chord Display A window to the right appears with the choices, Normal, Nashville, etc. and click on the one you want. I suspect that you hit this button and didn't realize you did. I've done it.
Ken Lang

Post by Ken Lang »

Thanks Bill. I discovered it a couple of days ago while I was fooling around. Guess I need to learn it better.