Jeffran finger pick refunds?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Pete McAvity

Jeffran finger pick refunds?

Post by Pete McAvity »

Per Melissa’s latest notice, refunds were to have been issued by today. Has anyone out there gotten their money back?
Excel Superb D10, Kline U12, Sarno Black Box, Goodrich L120, Boss DD5, Baby Bloomer, 1965 Super Reverb chopped to a head, feeding a mystery PA cab w/ a K130.

They say "thats how it goes". I say "that ain't the way it stays!"
Ken Boi

Post by Ken Boi »

No refund here as yet.
John Macy

Post by John Macy »

Not here....
John Macy
Rockport, TX
Engineer/Producer/Steel Guitar
Hook Moore

Post by Hook Moore »

Haa, nope !
Mark Robinson

Post by Mark Robinson »

No
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Uh... no.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Ken Boi

Post by Ken Boi »

Here's from the website. Let's hope in a few more days...

**JEFFRAN PICK PRE-ORDER UPDATE**

It is with great disappointment, however we have canceled our current pick order due to continued failed timelines and due dates. Though We appreciate everyone's patience with us during this extremely aggravating situation, We will be refunding all pre-orders by 2/28, as we have been legally advised this is when we expect our refund from their financial institution.

**All Refunds are currently processing, expect to see this reflected to your account by March 7.**
Gordon Hartin

Post by Gordon Hartin »

A bit of a bummer on all fronts. Hopefully my JF pick stash will last a few more years without them getting squashed...

Gordon
Mike Selecky

Post by Mike Selecky »

Jack Hanson

Post by Jack Hanson »

I'm glad I learned to play with inexpensive and widely available Dunlop .025s back in the latter half of the 20th Century.

Now, if I could only find a stash of those plastic thumbpicks that were once marketed by CMI/Gibson... But until I do, the common Dunlops are adequate.
Lyle Bradford

Post by Lyle Bradford »

none here
Maurice Daulton

silver fingerpicks

Post by Maurice Daulton »

I bought silver finger picks around 10 to 15 yrs ago. Theyre this and feel good. Anyone know who sells them now. I also bought a pair of nichol picke. they are a bit thicker but very good. Thanks
Bob Knight

Nickel Nationals

Post by Bob Knight »

<b>Rick Johnson Cabinets<b>
<b>Brand X Custom Fiber Cases</b>
<b> John Pearse Thumb Picks, Bars and Strings</b>
"Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent."

— Steve Martin
Dale Foreman

Picks

Post by Dale Foreman »

Nope!
Rittenberry Prestige(2)
Ken Boi

Post by Ken Boi »

Last night I placed a new Jeffran Music product order and then followed up with an email regarding the finger pick refund. I sent this email sent via the website 'More -> Contact Us' tab.

Melissa responded almost immediately. She said she could issue a PayPal refund against my new order, or offer credit on a future order. I requested to refund against the current order. That was done and confirmed on my PayPal account.

She mentioned that there is an issue with PayPal not doing returns due to the original purchase date for the picks (mine was over a year ago).

My suggestion is send an email (see my first paragraph).
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

Ken Boi wrote:Last night I placed a new Jeffran Music product order and then followed up with an email regarding the finger pick refund. I sent this email sent via the website 'More -> Contact Us' tab.

Melissa responded almost immediately. She said she could issue a PayPal refund against my new order, or offer credit on a future order. I requested to refund against the current order. That was done and confirmed on my PayPal account.

She mentioned that there is an issue with PayPal not doing returns due to the original purchase date for the picks (mine was over a year ago).

My suggestion is send an email (see my first paragraph).
I don't need any of Jeff's courses. I needed the picks, or the money for them returned.

Frankly, it's bullsh!t to use the excuse that PayPal doesn't issue refunds after a year to avoid their making good on the issue. Jeffran could send money from their own account to their creditors and mark the payment as a refund in the "notes" section, without an official refund through the Paypal system.

They just want to avoid paying back money that they took from unsuspecting customers who wrongly assumed that things were the same as when Jeff and Fran ran the business.

I imagine Jeffran owes a lot of money to disappointed pick purchasers (like myself) and would use whatever excuse is convenient to avoid making good on their refund offer, which now seems rather bogus to me.
Last edited by Herb Steiner on 14 Mar 2019 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Pete McAvity

Post by Pete McAvity »

Glad that worked for you, Ken. I sent three emails, texted and left a voicemail to Melissa informing that I’d file a consumer complaint with the state of Tennessee to be refunded if I received no response. Melissa did not respond, so I filed.
Excel Superb D10, Kline U12, Sarno Black Box, Goodrich L120, Boss DD5, Baby Bloomer, 1965 Super Reverb chopped to a head, feeding a mystery PA cab w/ a K130.

Gary Watkins

Post by Gary Watkins »

I filed a complaint with PAYPAL, but because it was over 180 days, PAYPAL declined my claim. I appealed the decision and because Melissa would not respond to PAYPAL, PAYPAL gave me my money back. I guess that PAYPAL works it out with Melissa later.
If you succeed in cheating someone, don't think that the person is a fool. It's just that the person trusted you far more than you deserved.
John Macy

Post by John Macy »

So she has decided to keep the money because PayPal won’t let her refund it? Lamest thing I have heard in a long time.
John Macy
Rockport, TX
Pete McAvity

Post by Pete McAvity »

PayPal denied my initial refund request, so I filed an appeal, which they subsequently denied for the same reason: transaction over 180 days old. The PP rep on the phone told me that Melissa is allowed to use their service on a limited basis due to complaints, but they have not canceled her PayPal account completely. I’ve asked twice if there was some arrangement for refunds to come from them and they have no idea what I’m talking about. And why would they? Their business was done over a year ago, that money is long gone and it has nothing to do with them anymore.

Pete McAvity

Post by Pete McAvity »

And it appears that she has taken down the notification of her plan to issue refunds. Took it completely off of the Jeffran site. No mention of picks, refunds, nada.

John Macy

Post by John Macy »

At least I have stopped getting those annoying emails wanting me to buy more stuff when they won’t make good on what I already bought. They must have purged those waiting on the picks to keep from reminding us about it...
John Macy
Rockport, TX
Pete McAvity

Post by Pete McAvity »

That’s interesting, John. I was getting those promo emails to two different email accounts I own, now they only go to one account- the one that is not linked to my Paypal account. That said, I think you’re right, those who got burned were chopped from the mailer.

autry andress

Jeff's Picks

Post by autry andress »

As anyone thought of checking with the Postal Service.
I'm thinking this could possible be Mail fraud.
Hope it don't come to this. But this should get her
attention & Issue you guys your Refunds.

Any comments????
Gary Watkins

Post by Gary Watkins »

Just want to keep this post active
If you succeed in cheating someone, don't think that the person is a fool. It's just that the person trusted you far more than you deserved.