practice necks

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

tomsteel

practice necks

Post by tomsteel »

I was thinking about getting one of those practice neck boards.Any who alresdy has one,,,do you use it???and if so has it really helped?I can certianly see where they would be easier than sitting behind a regular steel.I could just sit on the couch and practice blocking,,although it would be limited.Thomas Malugin
Bob Kagy

Post by Bob Kagy »

Tom, I don't have one (but I was always interested in getting one).

Until somebody with one answers, try doing a search on the Forum using the phrase "practice board". It'll turn up many threads, although you'll have to pick and choose which actually are about what you want.

Hope this helps.
bk
Gary Shepherd

Post by Gary Shepherd »

I'm building a large CNC wood router that I plan to use this summer to build some stuff like this.

------------------
Gary Shepherd

Carter D-10

www.16tracks.com
Gary Shepherd

Post by Gary Shepherd »

By the way, I can sell you most all the parts you'd need to build something like this yourself.

------------------
Gary Shepherd

Carter D-10

www.16tracks.com
Charles Davidson

Post by Charles Davidson »

I have a ten string lap steel,I just unplug it ,lay it across the arms of my recliner,turn the T.V. on and practice away.All the practice neck I need.
Roar Oien

Post by Roar Oien »

I bought a handy travel guitar from Mr. Rex Blattenberger few years ago. If You visit: http://weneedthemoneyguitars.com/ and scroll down the side a bit You'll see pictures and some info of the instrument.

Although I never get enough time to practice it's nice to have this one ready for use. It also works well for warm up exersises backstage before performances.

The instrument work well for my purpose and I'm very satistfied with it.

Best regards from norway,<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Roar Oien on 22 February 2006 at 11:42 PM.]</p></FONT>
Don Burrows

Post by Don Burrows »

Tomsteel, I have the practice boards listed on my website which is http://bsgsteelguitars.com

------------------
Don Burrows
Builder of BSG Steel Guitars