Bunch of Teles - ALL SOLD AND LONG GONE CLOSE

Guitars, fiddles, banjos, keyboards, clarinets, bagpipes, etc.
Nick Koff

Bunch of Teles - ALL SOLD AND LONG GONE CLOSE

Post by Nick Koff »

A bunch of Teles - $975 each, shipped CONUS You can see any or all of them here on Reverb: https://reverb.com/shop/bunnys-gear-depot Pricing will be better here.

Two featherweight Paulownia bodies, the entire guitar weighs 5 pounds or less. The black one with the pearloid pickguard is SOLD.

They are all the same in terms of everything but the design: Fender Licensed one-piece maple. 21 medium jumbo frets, 10 inch radius, 1 5/8 inch nut width, a comfortable 'C' shaped profile and a honey tinted smooth dull finish. Maple finger board with a heel adjust truss rod location. Bone nut. Lindy Fralin Blues Specials +2% overwound. OEM Fender bridge, saddles, switch tip, knobs, jack cup, strap knobs, string trees. Kluson Tuners (nickel) CRL 3-way switch, .033uF Sprague orange drop, matched CTS Solid Shaft 256K Potentiometers, Switchcraft jack, pushback cloth Strings: Ernie Ball .010s

Tortguard:

MJT finish on a Wildwood Mfg. licensed Fender body. Mint tortoise 5 hole pickguard
AllParts TMO Fat Neck. 9.5 radius. 1 5/8 width..97/1.00" Natural finish and heavy rolled edges. All frets crowned, leveled, and polished. Frets .079 x .051". Vintage locking tuners and string tree. Kuwabara Telekinesis 1950 Pi pickup set. Fender bridge w/ brass saddles,control plate, neck plate, ferrules, string tree, knobs & switch tip. Electrosocket input jack, CRL 3-way switch, CTS 250K Potentiometers, Capacitor: .022uF/ Orange Drop. Ernie Ball .010s

Daphne:

Lightweight Poplar body with a creamy pickguard. Fender licensed fat tele neck. 1 piece maple, natural finish. D shape, .97"/1.0", 10" radius, heel adjust truss rod, 1 5/8ths inch nut, black dots. 21 frets medium Jescar (6150) Bone nut. Seymour Duncan relic’d Antiquities. Neck is 8.17 k
and the bridge is 6.46 k . Fender bridge, brass saddles, switch tip, knobs, strap knobs, string tree. Electrosocket jack cup Tonepros Kluson Tuners (nickel) CTS 250K Potentiometers (volume & tone) Sprague .047uF orange drop cap, Switchcraft input jack, vintage cloth push-back 22awg wire. Ernie Ball .010s 7 lbs

Gumby:

Gumby Green poplar body with black pickguard. Neck: Fender licensed fat tele neck. 1 piece maple, natural finish. D shape, .97"/1.0", 10" radius, heel adjust truss rod, 1 5/8ths inch nut, black dots. 21 frets medium Jescar (6150) Bone nut. Kuwabara Telekinesis 1953 bridge (7.02k) and neck pickup (6.94k) Fender bridge, switch tip, knobs, strap knobs, string tree. Electrosocket jack cup Klein threaded steel saddles, Kluson Tuners (nickel) CTS 250K Potentiometers (volume & tone) Sprague .047uF orange drop cap, Switchcraft input jack,
vintage cloth push-back 22awg wire. Ernie Ball .010s 7.5 lbs

Last edited by Nick Koff on 19 Jun 2023 8:38 am, edited 13 times in total.
Just another belt & suspenders guy...
Darren Porter

Post by Darren Porter »

Nice looking guitars! I especially love the last three. Wish I had the funds.

Did you build these yourself?
Nick Koff

Post by Nick Koff »

Thanks. Yes, building Teles has sort of become my hobby. Luckily I've sold a bunch of them, and quite a few people now have hired me to build them one that matches their wishlist for a custom guitar.
Daniel Stein

Black esquire....

Post by Daniel Stein »

Trades at all?
Guitar,Bass,Drums,PSG,Lapsteel,Mandolin,Banjo
1978 sho bud pro 2 d10 8x5
1971 Emmons d10 8x4
Quilter mach 3
Sho bud single channel amp
Custom Tele with Fralins,Matney B bender and Warmoth neck
Fender telecaster bass with fralin pickup
Yamaha fretless bass
MarkBass 1x12 (Bass rig)
1973 Slingerland Drumkit with Old zildjian cymbals
Yamaha modx 6 (keyboard)
yamaha sv120 fiddle
1979 washburn Jethro burns mandolin (with LR baggs pickup)
2022 deering deluxe banjo (dotson bridge, emg acb pickup)
Skip Ellis

Post by Skip Ellis »

Are these Fender Teles? If not, it might be more appropriate to label them as 'T-Style'. I build my bodies from scratch in the shape of Telecasters but don't label them as such. Just sayin'...
2013 Brook Torridge, 2014 Martin 000-18, two homebrew Teles, Evans RE200 amp, Quilter 101R head, understanding wife of 45 years. 'Steeless' at the moment but looking......
Nick Koff

Post by Nick Koff »

Skip Ellis wrote:Are these Fender Teles? If not, it might be more appropriate to label them as 'T-Style'. I build my bodies from scratch in the shape of Telecasters but don't label them as such. Just sayin'...
Thanks so much for your wise and helpful input. What does the "T" in 'T-style' represent?
Skip Ellis

Post by Skip Ellis »

It means it's styled after a Fender Telecaster but is not a Fender and I don't think it's proper to use someone else's model name. I've been to court as an expert witness many times when unsuspecting buyers have bought something they think is something else just because of the way it looks. To me, it should be made very clear in your advertisement that these are not Fender guitars and you have no affiliation with Fender. If you remember, Leo had to start making 'Nocasters' because he infringed on Gretsch's 'Broadcaster' name. Call it what you want as long it doesn't infringe on someone else's rights.
2013 Brook Torridge, 2014 Martin 000-18, two homebrew Teles, Evans RE200 amp, Quilter 101R head, understanding wife of 45 years. 'Steeless' at the moment but looking......
Nick Koff

Post by Nick Koff »

What the world needs are more snitches and hall monitors running around telling people how to behave.
Scott Shipley

Post by Scott Shipley »

Speaking as a guitar player who leans more towards Teles than anything else, it is generally accepted and perfectly appropriate to call a T style a Tele.
Speaking as someone who owns a LOT of Teles, more than one of them built by Nick, I'd put his guitars up against any of em from my 51 on up.
Furthermore, if you don't have constructive input why muck up someone else's ad?
Bad form.
And Nick would never whine or complain about this, but I happen to know he's moving a bunch of stuff right now to help cover some medical bills in his family.
Nick, I'm gonna message you about one of these!
Skip Ellis

Post by Skip Ellis »

In retrospect, I should have started a discussion about this subject elsewhere - for that I apologize, but I still think it's a subject ripe for discussion. I wish Mr. Koff all the best.....'nuf said.
Last edited by Skip Ellis on 24 Oct 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Pawlak

Post by Steve Pawlak »

Nick always has some of the best stuff for sale here
Scott Shipley

Post by Scott Shipley »

Bunnynose Tele Blackycaster (Betty) arrived to her happy new home today.
Another homerun Nick!
Nick Koff

Post by Nick Koff »

Delighted it got there safely and you like it, Scott! That's Bunnynose Guitars No. 62. I called her "Blacky IV," but you can call her "Betty" if you want, although this is actually Betty, or was she "Nancy?" Yeah, "Nancy..."

Bob Watson

Post by Bob Watson »

Nick, how do the light Paulownia bodies sound compared to a light Ash body? Is it the same, similar or completely different? I realize that each individual body has its on tone, but what I'm wanting to know is whether the Paulownia body Tele's ever sound like the light Ash body Teles.
Nick Koff

Post by Nick Koff »

Bob Watson wrote:Nick, how do the light Paulownia bodies sound compared to a light Ash body? Is it the same, similar or completely different? I realize that each individual body has its on tone, but what I'm wanting to know is whether the Paulownia body Tele's ever sound like the light Ash body Teles.
These particular setups sound as tele or more tele than quite a few ash teles I've heard. And everyone who has bought one loves theirs.
Nick Koff

Post by Nick Koff »

Top!
Nick Koff

All sold and long gone elsewhere please CLOSE

Post by Nick Koff »

Close