Senator John McCain

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

David Zornes

Senator John McCain

Post by David Zornes »

Friends let us remember Senator McCain’s service to our country. He would not leave Hanoi Hilton, unless the Vietnam Cong would release his fellow service men. I salute him. May he rest.
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

I am in agreement. John McCain was an American Hero and he was tortured and put through all kinds of hell while being held a prisoner. I salute him as a hero! RIP Sr. John McCain and may God bless the USA!
Ian Rae

Post by Ian Rae »

Like most Brits, I wasn't really aware of him until a few months ago. Now I know why he commanded such respect.
Make sleeping dogs tell the truth!
Homebuilt keyless U12 7x5, Excel keyless U12 8x8, Williams keyless U12 7x8, Telonics rack and 15" cabs
Herb Steiner

Re: Senator John McCain

Post by Herb Steiner »

David Zornes wrote:Friends let us remember Senator McCain’s service to our country. He would not leave Hanoi Hilton, unless the Vietnam Cong would release his fellow service men. I salute him. May he rest.
It was mentioned in an anecdote on CNN that McCain, when he first ran for his House seat, was accused of being a "carpetbagger" by a woman because he had lived in AZ only a relatively short time. He told her that the only place he'd lived longer than his time in AZ was Hanoi.

I understand that quieted her argument. :)
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Rest in Peace Senator McCain.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Paul Wade

Senator McCain.

Post by Paul Wade »

thank you for your service R.I.P Senator McCain

p.w
Paul Norman

Post by Paul Norman »

I didn't know he even played the steel guitar.
Sonny Jenkins

Post by Sonny Jenkins »

opinion deleted,,,,this is not the venue to debate anyone's,,,steel player OR politician's integrity.
steve takacs

Post by steve takacs »

Good one, Herb. Stevt