1938 Rickenbacker Lap Steel—SOLD

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Benjamin Gaskin

1938 Rickenbacker Lap Steel—SOLD

Post by Benjamin Gaskin »

My Great Uncle was stationed in Hawaii in early 40s and came back with this instrument. It later sat in my grandmothers basement for years. I have been the caretaker for over 20 years now. It is a Model B Electro Lap Steel. It is in good condition. The pickup is original and works, as well as the volume/effects knobs. It must have been modified as the neck is wood and not original and the plates on body have been replaced with mahogany plates. However,the replacement neck and plates appear to have been done by an expert, even copying the little shave of the fretboard at the end of the neck!
This replacement of the bakelite neck has happened to a few broken B6's. ---The way this guitar is put together is HIGHLY sought after! The Rickenbacker badge on headstock is original. The case is very old but not original for Rickenbacker. All in all, It is very cool and sounds great plugged in. Additional to price would be actual shipping costs. I am open to offers. It is super cool and sounds great plugged in. I’m
happy to provide more pictures if interested. Email me at tochiba@yahoo.com
Last edited by Benjamin Gaskin on 14 Oct 2018 2:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stuart Sawney

Post by Stuart Sawney »

Hi Benjemin,

Could I see more pictures and a price. Unusual to have the neck changed ?? Is logo still on headstock etc ?? Thanks STUART. I am in UK but in the USA for 10 days from Saturday.
Mark Helm

Price?

Post by Mark Helm »

Yes, please, a price.
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.