Custom finish on steel guitars

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Gary Watkins

Custom finish on steel guitars

Post by Gary Watkins »

I have been doing some research on this steel and a man by the name of WAYNE JARRETT did the custom finish work on it. He has done work for Barbara Mandrell, Jeff Newman, Buddy Emmons, ALABAMA and Prince, just to name a few. Does anyone have any pictures of any of his work? If you do, please post them.

If you succeed in cheating someone, don't think that the person is a fool. It's just that the person trusted you far more than you deserved.
Pete Dalton

Marrs steel

Post by Pete Dalton »

I can give you some history of your Marrs Steel .
Duane Marrs Built the guitar for Gary Pike Of Radcliff Ky. He played it for awhile and My good friend Art Cockreil bought it from a Pawn shop in Radcliff Ky, and played it for several years and I purchased it from Art. I kept it for a couple of years and traded it to a gentleman in Jackson Mississippi . That is a beautiful instrument .
I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I did.
Gary Watkins

Re: Marrs steel

Post by Gary Watkins »

Pete Dalton wrote:I can give you some history of your Marrs Steel .
Duane Marrs Built the guitar for Gary Pike Of Radcliff Ky. He played it for awhile and My good friend Art Cockreil bought it from a Pawn shop in Radcliff Ky, and played it for several years and I purchased it from Art. I kept it for a couple of years and traded it to a gentleman in Jackson Mississippi . That is a beautiful instrument .
I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I did.
Thanks for the info Pete! I got it from the son of a man that lived in Mississippi. I just had Mickey Adams do a clean-up and a tune-up on it for me. I should get it next Wednesday. Again, thanks for the information.
If you succeed in cheating someone, don't think that the person is a fool. It's just that the person trusted you far more than you deserved.
Gary Watkins

Buddy Emmons - custom finish by JARRETT

Post by Gary Watkins »

Buddy and Jeff with a custom finish by Wayne Jarrett