SOLD (payment pending) 1947 Gibson BR-4 lap steel

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Aaron Ballance

SOLD (payment pending) 1947 Gibson BR-4 lap steel

Post by Aaron Ballance »

1947 Gibson BR-4 lap steel with original pickup (and electronics to my knowledge). This guitar has definitely been played through the years and has numerous signs of wear throughout the finish, though nothing structural. It sounds great! I recently used it in the studio and was pleased. The pickup has great output and holds its own on stage with another lap steel I use that’s equipped with a Lollar Supro. The tuners have been replaced with Grovers. The case is chipboard and rough. Anyhow, I got this on a trade for a dobro I built a friend, and I recently finished building my first lap steel (have a couple others roughed out). I need to let this one go.

$450 shipped to the lower 48

Last edited by Aaron Ballance on 3 Sep 2018 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron Ballance

Post by Aaron Ballance »

$450 shipped to lower 48
Aaron Ballance

Post by Aaron Ballance »

ttt
Jack Hanson

Post by Jack Hanson »

This instrument should have already been sold. The early postwar oval pickup (a/k/a "racetrack") with non-adjustable AlNiCo slugs has a sound all its own. I'm a big fan of P-90s, but the oval pickup has a growl that the later pickups can't duplicate. The wide string spacing on Gibson 6-strings makes slants easy. Gibson lap steels are often under-appreciated in comparison to others. Big mistake, in my opinion. BR-4s are great guitars.
Jeff Heard

Post by Jeff Heard »

I'll take it!
PM sent.