ebay refund request

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Walter Killam

ebay refund request

Post by Walter Killam »

Hey Y'all, I have been receiving requests from ebay requesting that I refund some money that was accidentally placed in my account. Normally I ignore these types of emails and move on with my day.

HOWEVER

I logged into my account and there is in fact an amount and user name that are the same as the email, and I haven't asked for a payment through ebay EVER. I really think I may have someone's money by accident, and want to give it back if it's not mine. I also don't want to get caught up in some kind of scam.

I tried calling ebay but the wait time was 2 hours.

Any thoughts or suggestions on verifying the guy who wants the refund would be greatly appreciated, it looks pretty easy to do.
Mostly junque with a few knick-knacks that I really can't do without!
Wiz Feinberg

Post by Wiz Feinberg »

Contact eBay through the customer service contact links. Copy and paste whatever details you already have, then add a statement about not knowing anything about it.
"Wiz" Feinberg, Moderator SGF Computers Forum
Security Consultant
Twitter: @Wizcrafts
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
Walter Killam

Post by Walter Killam »

it looks like PayPal is going to fix this without any intervention on my part. Wiz thanks for the advice you can close this one up if you want to.
Mostly junque with a few knick-knacks that I really can't do without!