Ron Ellis pickup orders

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Steven Welborn

Ron Ellis pickup orders

Post by Steven Welborn »

I ordered a set of tele p'ups ($ up front) july 2015 and still waiting. I hear he has a day job and winds them in his spare time. Anyone know if he's still on the planet? He doesn't score very high for customer service and non-responsive to emails. No name players aren't a priority is the word. Anyone have any positive or negative tales regarding this situation with RE p'ups?
Mike Schwartzman

Post by Mike Schwartzman »

That's a shame Steven. I have seen some of his pickups up for sale online, but they are used sets. From the used prices I've seen they must very rare and special or (in your case) back ordered way too long. I know some of the boutique brands have a waiting period of 6-8 weeks, but 3 years?
Emmons Push Pull, BMI, Session 400, Home of the Slimcaster Tele.
Bob Lawrence

Post by Bob Lawrence »

@Steven Welborn

Waiting 3 years is a little much . Obviously something when wrong and he's not getting your email's, maybe they are going to his spam folder.

His Facebook page states this:

"Typically replies within a day

Send Message"

If your on Facebook try to send him a message from there:
https://www.facebook.com/ronellispickups/

If you don't have facebook and want to call him I can request his phone # for you.

Bob
Franklin D10, Telonics (E9)True Tone(C6) pickups, Fender Steel King , Evans (FET 500LV), Nashville 400, Quilter MicroBlock 45 amp's, Telonics FP100 volume pedal, PodXT(effects only), Boss RV3(delay & reverb),Steel Guitar Black Box,Bill Lawrence cables, Walker Seat,Peterson Flip Tuner, IVL Steel Rider, IK Multimedia IRig Pro DUO for recording.
Bob Lawrence

Post by Bob Lawrence »

I read some of the reviews on his FB page and he get high marks for the pickups but too many customer service complaints.

Post you story on his page to get it resolved.
Franklin D10, Telonics (E9)True Tone(C6) pickups, Fender Steel King , Evans (FET 500LV), Nashville 400, Quilter MicroBlock 45 amp's, Telonics FP100 volume pedal, PodXT(effects only), Boss RV3(delay & reverb),Steel Guitar Black Box,Bill Lawrence cables, Walker Seat,Peterson Flip Tuner, IVL Steel Rider, IK Multimedia IRig Pro DUO for recording.
Steven Welborn

Post by Steven Welborn »

Thanks Bob. I just emailed Ron again requesting an update on my order status. I stated in the email that if he fails to respond I'll have to seek a refund. When I placed the order his stated wait time was 6 months, but the word in the real world community was more like 2 years. I was ok with that as the buzz was RE p'ups were worth waiting for. I hope to hear soon from him.