Freeman Cowgar

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jim Goins

Freeman Cowgar

Post by Jim Goins »

Does anyone remember Freeman Cowgar, from Lincoln Park, (Detroit) Michigan? I'm sure Paul Franklin does. He was a great guy and a great steel player!!. Jim Goins.
Michael Lee Allen

Post by Michael Lee Allen »

deleted
Last edited by Michael Lee Allen on 21 May 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck Rich

Freeman Cowgar

Post by Chuck Rich »

Hi Jim: I remember Freeman very well. We worked together for about three years at the Wayside in Detroit. I played Steel and Freeman played Bass in the group. He was also a very good Steel player. We remained friends after I moved to Cincinnati and until he passed away. Chuck Rich
Sonny Jenkins

Post by Sonny Jenkins »

I have an S10 5 pedal/4 knees guitar that he built. I'm in the process of restoring it. Should be a nice guitar when finished.

I will probably be selling this guitar soon,,(unfinished but a VERY good start!!!). These old 79 year old hands just don't function the way they used to,,,that ole demon arthritis!!!
Last edited by Sonny Jenkins on 8 Feb 2018 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Goins

Freeman Cowgar

Post by Jim Goins »

Hey Chuck, I bought a new D-10 MSA classic from Freeman when he had his music store in, Lincoln Park, he was a great guy to deal with. I think Paul Franklin also bought a D-10 MSA from him, that was 1974, Long time ago. I still have that guitar. Jim Goins. :D
Franklin

Post by Franklin »

Hi Patricia,
Reece gave me my MSA as a gift when I moved to Nashville in 72....Freeman was a Sho-Bud dealer when I left Michigan...I remember him well...He hired me to teach at his store and his daughter Charlotte was my first girlfriend. They were a nice family and sadly I lost contact with him when he started the Lil' Buddy student guitar company....Last time I saw him was in St. Louis.
Paul
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

I remember Freeman, from my early years at M.S.A. Great Guy....